Help with voicemail and playback - No sound


#1

Hi,

I have a weird problem in a fresh Asterisk install.
I have installed quite few boxes and all of them worked fine.
Any advice will be much appreciated!

The problem is that when Asterisk executes applications like Voicemail and Playback it gets stuck, and no sound is delivered.
My experiance with this kind of isues says it is related to Network, but I could not find a hint.

I have tried already almost anything I know…
I even re-installed asterisk and copied the complete /etc/asterisk directory from a box that works fine. Still does not work.

CLI of problematic box:
Executing Dial(“SIP/2001-a7a1”, “SIP/2001|15|t”) in new stack
– Called 2001
– SIP/2001-a45b is ringing
– Nobody picked up in 15000 ms
– Executing VoiceMail(“SIP/2001-a7a1”, “u2001”) in new stack
– Playing ‘vm-theperson’ (language ‘en’)
It gets stuck here and nothing happens.

CLI of a good working box:

  • Executing VoiceMail(“SIP/2001-ed45”, “b2002”) in new stack
    – Playing ‘vm-theperson’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘digits/2’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘digits/0’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘digits/0’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘digits/2’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘vm-isonphone’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘vm-intro’ (language ‘en’)
    – Playing ‘beep’ (language ‘en’)
    – Recording the message

I verified the gsm files do exist.
If I pick up the hook there is a sound and the two phones can talk.

The asterisk version for both boxes is 1.2.4

The box that does NOT work is a Dell 2850 dual Xeon with RHEL 4 with smp kernel:
2.6.9-34.ELsmp

The box that works runs Fedora FC4 - kernel: 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
Firewalls are disabled in both boxes.

Thanks


#2

The problem was that zaptel was loading all the drivers.
Resolution:
Edited file: /etc/sysconfig/zaptel and commented all modules except the one I use.

Looking at the code the problem is due to a set timer that uses zaptel driver.
It looks that some combinations of drivers simply leave the timer waiting…


#3

I had success changing the order in which the modules load. I made sure my ‘wctdm’ module loaded before the ‘wct4xxp’ and all was right in the world again.