FreeTDS and MS-SQL with Asterisk RealTime

We have successfully setup and tested integration between Asterisk and MS-SQL. We are currently running about 70 simultaneous calls throughout the day however after some time our MS-SQL server (Windows 2008 64bit, SQL Server 2008) starts to increase it’s memory usage exponentially. The MS-SQL server CPU also pegs at around 90%+ and becomes unresponsive and cannot accept new connections. We are running Asterisk 1.8.6 currently. FreeTDS version is 4.2 and UnixODBC is 2.2.12. The kernel information is : Linux #1 SMP Thu Jun 18 12:36:07 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux. We are using Realtime and using FreeTDS to connect to the MS-SQL server where we control sip users, voicemail and so forth. This works fine however when we enable CEL and CDR into MS-SQL the server begins to grow in memory usage / CPU usage until the SQL server halts and stops taking new requests.

Anyone here ever used FreeTDS and Asterisk? We have opened a ticket as well through paid for services at Digium and one is in the works with Microsoft as well. Any help would be appreciated.



The minimum bump interval for this forum is 24 hours, I believe.

However, the reason you aren’t getting an answer is almost certainly that you have a very specific combination of which no-one has experience.

Sorry rather than bumping again I accidently updated the previous bump which did not actually bump it but rather updated it. From the UI it appears though that I have bumped it twice in the same day which is not the case.

As an update we have opened a commercial ticket with Digium as well as Microsoft. So we’re exhausting every resource possible on this one. I agree this is a very specific combination of issues and the larger issue is finding an expert in both the Asterisk and Microsoft fields.