Digium d40 softkey for 'send to vm' and 'blind xfer'

hello,

i am trying to find out how to create a softkey for the digium d40 phone. i would like to be able to do ‘send to vm’ and ‘blind transfer’. i have not been able to find the answer in the anywhere out there. i am using the piaf distro of asterisk. so far the phones are great.

thanks,
sean

Send to VM functionality is coming in phone firmware 1.1; there will be a new release of the DPMA to go along with it.

The blind transfer process depends on whether or not you’ve already taken a call. If the call is still ringing you, then:
Press the Transfer softkey or hardkey and then:
a - Press Contacts, find your contact, press the Transfer softkey and the caller is blind transferred to the target
or
b - Start dialing whatever number you like and then press the Transfer softkey and the caller is blind transferred to the target

If you’ve already answered the call, then:
Press the Transfer hardkey and then:
a - Press Contacts, find your contact, press the Transfer softkey and the caller is blind transferred to the target
or
b - Start dialing whatever number you like and then press the Transfer softkey and the caller is blind transferred to the target

Thanks for the quick answer. Where will I be able to download the firmware? Is there a release schedule for firmware?

Cool phones.

Thanks,
Sean

Will these release also include a ‘record’ softkey?

Thanks,
Sean

[quote=“scourtney2000”]Thanks for the quick answer. Where will I be able to download the firmware? Is there a release schedule for firmware?

Cool phones.

Thanks,
Sean[/quote]

1. You’ll download it from:
    downloads.digium.com/pub/telepho … /firmware/
    or, if you did RPMs, you’ll just be doing a yum update.

2. There’s a target date, it’s soon.

[quote=“scourtney2000”]Will these release also include a ‘record’ softkey?

Thanks,
Sean[/quote]

Yup.

the latest update does not work for d70. the firmware fails to load. any of the new latest firmwares fail.

how do i update my dpma license? i have a new key but do not know where the old key is stored.

i reloaded the license, but still there is no new functionality on the d40’s. the firmware on the d70’s still does not load.

[quote=“scourtney2000”]the latest update does not work for d70. the firmware fails to load. any of the new latest firmwares fail.

how do i update my dpma license? i have a new key but do not know where the old key is stored.[/quote]

Yes, it does. I’m using the firmware package tarball that I downloaded right now.

What’s your res_digium_phone.conf look like?
What does your digium_phones_firmware.conf look like?

Why do you need to update your DPMA license? Did you change the machine on which it’s running?
The .lic file is stored in /var/lib/asterisk/licenses.
See the “Backup Procedure” section of:
wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … stallation

There’s no need to reload the DPMA license. If you’re upgrading from an older DPMA to a newer DPMA, you’ll need to unload and then reload the DPMA from the Asterisk CLI:

module unload res_digium_phone.so
then copy in the new binary to /usr/lib/asterisk/modules from the Linux CLI
module load res_digium_phone.so

where do i download the latest DPMA?

how did you do your firmware update of the d70? i have tried to do it from the web admin of the phone itself and it fails.

The DPMA is available from:

downloads.digium.com/pub/telepho … ium_phone/

I update firmware from the DPMA.

First, read this:
wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … figuration

If you’re not using the DPMA, or you haven’t written your own XML config files for the phone, you won’t see the Send to VM or Transfer VM softkeys.

See:
Send To, Transfer To and Dial Voicemail

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … h+the+DPMA

DPMA 1.2 turns those keys on automatically. Out of the box, the key is not enabled - and you need a contact that has the has_voicemail option set to 1 for transfer to vm or dial vm to work.