Digium phones - Single key Rapid dial transfer? cant ans BLF

Is there a way to perform a Single key Rapid dial key transfer on the D50, D70?

example:

1] answer call
2] want to transfer caller to contact on top sidecar key.

NOW IF EXTENSION:

1. hit transfer
  2. press rapid dial button
  3. hit transfer again

NOW IF PARKING LOT:

1. hit transfer
  2. press rapid dial button
  3. press exit to clear parking message. - WHY do I get this when I have parking disabled in the DPMA??
  4. press transfer

Isnt there some option to hit that could just blindly transfer the call to that location?

ALSO, I cant answer a BLF:

on aastra and other phones, you can set up a BLF key so that when it is in a ringing state and you press it, the directed call pickup code is sent for contact on the BLF… I havent figured out how to do that yet with the D50,D70 phones.

ive been trying to think of a way in the dialplan… I might be able to perform voodoo by running a directed pickup code all the time and looking for the channel state of the phone and if its idle, or inuse present a ringing call, if its ringing, perform a directed pickup… but thats a lot of work… esp when other phones can do it natively…

maybe a feature request?
-Christopher

[quote]Is there a way to perform a Single key Rapid dial key transfer on the D50, D70?
[/quote

Negative. There’s a feature request already on file for this.

[quote]
ALSO, I cant answer a BLF:

on aastra and other phones, you can set up a BLF key so that when it is in a ringing state and you press it, the directed call pickup code is sent for contact on the BLF… I havent figured out how to do that yet with the D50,D70 phones.

ive been trying to think of a way in the dialplan… I might be able to perform voodoo by running a directed pickup code all the time and looking for the channel state of the phone and if its idle, or inuse present a ringing call, if its ringing, perform a directed pickup… but thats a lot of work… esp when other phones can do it natively…

maybe a feature request?
-Christopher[/quote][/quote]

We’ll be handling that with some improvements to BLF functionality that’ll come in the future.

This is definitely something that I need to really be able to Sell these phones to customers… regardless of whether it is productive or not… MANY people still like to make use of BLF / Secreterial keys to handle calls in an office environment. We want to replace the likes of bigger legacy systems such as Avaya , Nortel, Mitel in the field with asterisk based systems. Shared Call appearance we can work without, however BLF transfer, answer, is a deal-breaker…

as ive mentioned in another forum, need someone to test? im all for helping you guys out there…

any ETA on the enhanced BLF features? Beta?

-Christopher

Thanks for the offer :smile:

We’re not looking for public testers currently, everything gets done in-house. If we do roll out any public program, I’ll keep you in mind.

No ETA on changes to BLF functionality; don’t expect it soon, as it’s not bug fixes or anything minor.

its been about a year since I started the original topic… just thought I would check and see if nay enhancements to BLF functionality have been implemented… I havent seen any in the changelogs but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask here…
-Christopher

Howdy,

Thanks for checking in. Things are still progressing.

Cheers

I definitely see good progress and having had these phones a year I really like their voice quality… the D70 also really wows a crowd when I show it off. I’m hoping to eventually use it as a hotel front desk console. There’s still some work to do as far as apps to make that happen. But we move closer each release.
Christopher

I have a little input that may help on some of this post.
I performed an install last week where the customer wanted to be able to pickup and transfer to blf keys on a d50 and d70.
After thinking it over I setup the blf keys with a **xxxx extension. And created a contacts file to match the **xxxx extension.
Once I did that, I created an extension pattern match in extensions.conf with direct pickup as 1st priority and dial as 2nd priority.
I set the pickup and dial strings to strip off the **.
Now when a user sees a bkf ringing, they can press it and it picks up. And as long as it isnt ringing, it will dial the exten or transfer to the extension.
It may not be the preferred way but it worked.
I just wish the phone would allow me to blind transfer to blf instead if supervising the call.
Customer wants the original caller id. If anyone has as thought s on how to do that, I would appreciate knowing.

Hope that helps.

Try setting the parameter “sendrpid=pai”. This works on Aastra phones, am not sure if it is the same on Digium phones.

Yes, P-Asserted Identity works for Digium phones.

Cheers

Cool. I will give that a try.
Thanks!

And…they have…

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Smart+BLF

Cheers

Thanks Malcolm. Much needed feature!
Great documentation as well!

Thanks. Fixed a few silly typos this morning, but they’re probably not the last. :smiley: