Data collection thru IVR

Hello group,

I do have a small but interesting project.

We are thinking to deploy a public response system, where every citizen calls our telephone number and choose a commodity from IVR that he purchased from any shop, and enter the price that he bought that particular day.

Break down :

1. call comes to Trixbox CE server
  2. IVR asks his enter the city name
  3. then IVR asks him to enter the two digit commodity code (codes will be published in news paper) then asks to enter the price he purchased.
  4. this information (the city, commodity, and price) will be inserted to MYSQL DB
  5. this MySQL DB is shared by another application like CRM or Reporting

I know this is doable, but, FRANKLY speaking dont have a guideline. Please let me know any of your expertee can be a helpful hand.

Note : Initially I Posted this in Trixbox forums, but i think asterisk forums going more deep in technical.

Regards

[quote=“mtaib”]2) IVR asks his enter the city name
3) then IVR asks him to enter the two digit commodity code (codes will be published in news paper) then asks to enter the price he purchased.[/quote]
These are too complicated. You are better off to ask callers to enter the transaction numbers on their receipt to cover the above questions.

for sure, they will have a city code and product code handy, before they call us. They will just feed this info into the IVR and hangup.

But the issue was for me to how we could insert this into MYSQL and make it available to other applications.

Regards

These information are all available on the receipt. So, entering the receipt transaction numbers is more that what a caller needs than all cumbersome numbers you want them to enter to waste time. I wouldn’t do the survey if I had to enter each number, let alone if it is a toll call.

I think you are talking about something else?

Which receipt you are talking about.?

Let me explain this,

We will announce three city codes(1,2,…) , and 20 commodity items codes (10, 11, 12…) every week in newspaper with a call center number to call in. Whoever wants take the trouble and call, we will direct them to an IVR and announce that ‘this in an automated data collection system, if you don’t want continue please simply hangup’ (double filtering)

Those who wish to participate will enter 1 number city code where he did the purchase, and he will enter the 2 digit commodity code in the following voice prompt. press some other number to participate in a survey if you wish, or simply hangup.

In the following survey (if they choose) we will run a small survey to collect info on market pulse. Hear it will be redirected to a voice mail system to record their voice.

We don’t want to know from which company they purchased items, we don’t have any connections with commercial outlets. All what i am trying to do is to provide some analytical data for study purposes.

This is not a commercial setup, it is a charity from outside.

My main issue is not all these, consider all these are done i do have the data in IVR, How to get it inserted into a mySQL DB. thats the main thing. I have programmed the IVR and Tested it. We are done with it. But the only issue is getting the info into DB.

Regards

I think you are talking about something else?

Which receipt you are talking about.?

Let me explain this,

We will announce three city codes(1,2,…) , and 20 commodity items codes (10, 11, 12…) every week in newspaper with a call center number to call in. Whoever wants take the trouble and call, we will direct them to an IVR and announce that ‘this in an automated data collection system, if you don’t want continue please simply hangup’ (double filtering)

Those who wish to participate will enter 1 number city code where he did the purchase, and he will enter the 2 digit commodity code in the following voice prompt. press some other number to participate in a survey if you wish, or simply hangup.

In the following survey (if they choose) we will run a small survey to collect info on market pulse. Hear it will be redirected to a voice mail system to record their voice.

We don’t want to know from which company they purchased items, we don’t have any connections with commercial outlets. All what i am trying to do is to provide some analytical data for study purposes.

This is not a commercial setup, it is a charity from outside.

My main issue is not all these, consider all these are done i do have the data in IVR, How to get it inserted into a mySQL DB. thats the main thing. I have programmed the IVR and Tested it. We are done with it. But the only issue is getting the info into DB.

Regards

Now, I understood your point better and thanks for the clarifications.

I would use a php agi script, with the help of the phpagi class.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Can you give some example or documentation on writing php agi script?

One article from my website: phpagi.sourceforge.net/ .

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

Dear mbruni,
Thanks for prompt reply. i saw the blog but i want more details documentation on php agi as i am new to this. if you know any link please help me