Checking voice mail remotely?

how do you check your voicemail remotely with Asterisk@Home 1.3? Or should I ask can you check remotely? We normally set up systems so the last trunk is the backdoor to the voicemail just for this purpose.

i’m not really familiar with *@home… if you have an extra DID, the easiest thing would be to set one to route to your voicemailbox. alternatively, you could simply set things up so that dialing a # would reroute you there on your regular DID.

i’m a little fuzzy on exactly what you’d add to your extensions.conf in order to make this happen, but i know it can be done.

[quote=“derek”]
i’m a little fuzzy on exactly what you’d add to your extensions.conf in order to make this happen, but i know it can be done.[/quote]

exten => 500,1,VoiceMailMain()

Dialing ext. 500 at the main IVR prompt drops the outside caller into the VM system.

I was able to access the comedian voicemail by dialing *98 and entered a mailbox number and password but for whatever reason it keeps saying password incorrect. I can log into comedian web with the extenion and password and it works perfectly (i.e. ext 100 password 100).

Thanks.

Not sure if this was over kill, but i pointed a DID to a queue in @home, and simply had the queue dial *98 each time a call entered it.
Seems to be working pretty good.

Ok, everything seems good now. I had to make a modification to my grandstream device…

Send DTMF: in-audio via RTP (RFC2833) via SIP INFO

I changed it from in-audio to via RTP (RFC2833)

Once I made those changes I was able to dial *98 and get into my voicemail with no problems.

Good to hear that you solved it. For future reference, should anybody ever have this problem and find this page, there is no need to use a queue to access Voicemail main. A@H configuration is a little different then plain vanilla Asterisk, but in Asterisk you can configure an extension that goes straight to Voicemail main. Something like:

exten => *98,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => *98,2,Hangup