ChanSpy problem

Hi all,

I am having trouble implementing ChanSpy on my asterisk 1.8.8 server, the 3rd party can hear the calls just fine but the 3rd party can also talk into the calls, which should not be possible, i am using ChanSpy without any options and ExtenSpy simply doesn’t work.

The phones are Yealink Gigabit Color IP Phones SIP-T38G (not sure but model must be really close).

Example of ChanSpy i am using to listen to cc1:

exten => cc1,1,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN})

Any suggestions are appreciated :wink:

[spy-exten]
exten => _5X.,1,Answer
exten => _5X.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _5X.,n,Authenticate(456)
exten => _5X.,n,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:1},bw)
exten => _5X.,n,Hangup

• w Enable ‘whisper’ mode, so the spying channel can talk to the spied-on channel.

• W Enable ‘private whisper’ mode, so the spying channel can talk to the spied-on
    channel but cannot listen to that channel.

I’ve set up the same and while calling 566 getting “Your call cannot be completed as dialed”.

What am I missing?

If you re getting this message is because some one add it to your dial plan , most of time this sound is played on FreePBX when there is issue with the outbound route

To expand on the above. Asterisk does not produce such a message unless very explicitly told to do so. Either it has been told to do so, or something upstream of Asterisk is responsible for that message. We are not going to get anywhere until you can provide logging showing what Asterisk is doing to provoke this, and why.

Asterisk will simply return a SIP status code, by default, with no indication of a problem in the media stream.