Cent 6.8. Asterisk update paths

I’m running Cent 6.8 and Asterisk 11.21. I would like to upgrade to at least 11.25 but I noticed that Asterisk no longer has an official cent repo. That’s fine but I also noticed that they no longer have SRPMs (for certain versions) or the necessary build tools to build them from SPEC. Are others basically just building from source? What I would really like to do is be able to grab the SRPM build the SPEC file to create my RPM. I just wanted to see what others may be doing who are using Centos?

Edit-
So I decided to try going to 13.3-1 simply because this SRPM exists in Asterik’s repo. So far I was able to get all the pre-reqs installed. However I’m running across the following.

Error: Package: dahdi-linux-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64 (asterisk-current)
Requires: dahdi-firmware

I built dahdi-linux-complete from source but it still complains about it during the install of the dahdi-linux-devel package

The kernel source is required in order to install DAHDI. Note It is important that the kernel version being used match exactly that of the kernel source being installed. You can use uname -a to verify the currently running kernel version:

CentOS: sudo yum install kernel-devel-uname -r

If you are having a hard time installing the correct kernel source a work around could be install an older version of DAHDI who match your system kernel source

[evan@box1 ~]$ sudo yum install kernel-devel-uname -r
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
epel/metalink | 13 kB 00:00

• base: chicago.gaminghost.co
  • epel: mirror.compevo.com
  • extras: mirror.compevo.com
  • updates: mirror.us.oneandone.net
    asterisk-13 | 1.1 kB 00:00
    asterisk-current | 1.1 kB 00:00
    base | 3.7 kB 00:00
    epel | 4.3 kB 00:00
    epel/primary_db | 5.9 MB 00:03
    extras | 3.4 kB 00:00
    updates | 3.4 kB 00:00
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package kernel-devel.x86_64 0:2.6.32-642.1.1.el6 will be installed
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=========================================================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size

Installing:
kernel-devel x86_64 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6 updates 11 M

Transaction Summary

Install 1 Package(s)

Total download size: 11 M
Installed size: 26 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
kernel-devel-2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64.rpm | 11 MB 00:05
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Installing : kernel-devel-2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64 1/1
Verifying : kernel-devel-2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64 1/1

Installed:
kernel-devel.x86_64 0:2.6.32-642.1.1.el6

Complete!
[evan@box1 ~]$ uname -a
Linux box1 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 31 21:57:07 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[evan@box1 ~]$ sudo yum install dahdi-linux-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• base: chicago.gaminghost.co
  • epel: mirror.compevo.com
  • extras: mirror.compevo.com
  • updates: mirror.us.oneandone.net
    Resolving Dependencies
    —> Package dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64 0:2.9.0-1_centos6 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: dahdi-linux = 2.9.0-1_centos6 for package: dahdi-linux-devel-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64
    —> Package dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.9.0-1_centos6 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: kmod-dahdi-linux for package: dahdi-linux-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64
    –> Processing Dependency: dahdi-firmware for package: dahdi-linux-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64
    —> Package dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.9.0-1_centos6 will be installed
    –> Processing Dependency: dahdi-firmware for package: dahdi-linux-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64
    —> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.9.0-1_centos6.2.6.32_279.14.1.el6.x86_64 will be installed
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: dahdi-linux-2.9.0-1_centos6.x86_64 (asterisk-current)
    Requires: dahdi-firmware
    You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Am I missing something. Still can’t install dahdi-firmware.

I’m not sure how the package repositories are set up for your OS, but if this were Debian, the firmware would be considered nonfree and would have to be in a different part of the repository from the, GPLed, dahdi executables. On a standard Debian install, nonfree packages are disabled.

If you are not actually using real hardware, you will not really need the firmware, although I can’t guarantee that you won’t get a fatal load time error without it.

I found them here for Centos but not sure which one to use.

http://packages.digium.com/centos/6/current/x86_64/RPMS/

The other thing about the firmware is that, if packaged properly, it should be in a noarch package. Again, I don’t know how the packaging has actually been done.

Adding the following repo seems to have allowed me to install it.

http://packages.digium.com/centos/centos-digium.repo

Thanks

Seem to be having a bit more trouble.

mISDNuser-devel is needed by asterisk-11.25.1-0.1.1_centos6.x86_64

Can’t for the life of me find this.

Nevermind. I ended up stealing the SPEC file from 11.21 and building 11.25.1-1 from that.

I have nearly got it built but I keep running into issue in the SPEC file (11.25.1-1)

RPM build errors:
File not found: /home/evan/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/asterisk-11.25.1-1_centos6.x86_64/usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/app_meetme.so

Can I not just do --disable app_meetme. It doesn’t seem to work.

%{configure}
make menuselect.makeopts
menuselect/menuselect --disable BUILD_NATIVE --disable-category MENUSELECT_EXTRA_SOUNDS  --enable-category MENUSELECT_AGIS --enable CORE-SOUNDS-EN-ULAW --enable cdr_mysql --enable cdr_adaptive_odbc --disable cel_pgsql --disable cdr_pgsql --enable cdr_odbc --enable cel_odbc --disable chan_misdn --disable IMAP_STORAGE --disable ODBC_STORAGE --enable format_mp3 --enable app_saycountpl --enable app_mysql --enable res_config_mysql --enable chan_ooh323 --disable app_meetme --disable chan_mobile menuselect.makeopts