Can i change CID to any number?which voip allow to do it

Please ans to the Question Thanks

use this command :
exten => _.,1,Set(CALLERID(all)=”ABC” <0123456789>)

Do you mean which VoIP technologies, or which VoIP providers. I think the answer is “all” to the first, and the second depends on the country and how reputable they are, but all US providers should mark any such number as suspect (STIR/SHAKEN “B” attestation), and some European provides might only do so after you have proved you control the number.

At least one of my providers makes me prove I own the numbers I want to use as a caller ID. That was implemented sometime in the last few years.

Then how people spoof number?

There are providers that doesn’t care what CID you send out, there are also providers who haven’t implemented any checks on the CID. That’s how spoofing occurs.

if you find a provider that allow this, can you let us know so we can get them shut down or bloked :slight_smile:

Every wholesale provider allows this. Shall we get them blocked?

only if the do not

• enforce STIR/SHAKEN
  • contract for provider to provider
  • have a signed agremment with a list of numbers that a customer is allowed to use

if they allow endusers to send any number they need to be closed
and yes I know this is not law, but it is slowly comming

I have no problem with from not belong to the customer as long as they send a Diversion header that do

I am a registered Interconnected VoIP Provider and follow all the rules/regulations from the FCC. That means I sign my own calls, I am responsible for doing any sort of CallerID limits for my customers. I use multiple upstreams for outbound calls for both Least Call Routing and failover. That means I send CallerID’s to upstreams that allow me to pass the CallerID I assigned regardless of if that provider is the carrier I got the DID from. If for some reason one of my outbound calls doesn’t get signed right, any of the upstreams providers I have will do what they are required to do per STIR/SHAKEN which is give the call a B Attestation.

This doesn’t work like you are thinking in certain scenarios. A customer is going to forward the call based on a busy status, I could send a diversion header back to the carrier I’m receiving the call over but as I pointed out previously my LCR rules might find the new destination DID to be cheaper going out a different carrier. The diversion header is now useless because I’m not diverting it back to the originating carrier. Additionally, the customer may choose the pass the incoming callerId forward or they may choose to use one of their own DIDs for the forwarded call. So then, as the carrier that is originating this new outbound call I need to sign the call properly for STIR/SHAKEN. Meaning that this forwarded call could have an A or B attestation based on the customers settings.

Well I also used to work as a Interconnect VoIP provider for 20 years and now I work for the Danish version of FCC
“Agency for Data Supply and Infrastructure” oure rules are not identical to FCC but i general we try to acomplich the same
as a licend VoIP provider you probaly have to signe some papers indicating you will try to do the correct, or you will lose your licens
if a customer is forwarding a call they need to be in the diversion to indicate that they are responsible to the call to the new reciver, and witch LCR route you chose is up to you
as you either have signed it with STIR/SHAKEN or are using a interconnet partner where you have a signed contract that you as a licend VoIP provider are allowed to send any number

so now from will indicate “A” and Diversion is “B”
so when the reciver “C” complain that they recive andom calls, it can be traced that it was “B” that forwarded it to “C”
if the customer choses to replace from with there own number, diversion is not neede as we can still trace it to “B” as from now belong to them, what is important is that the call to “C” can be traced back to “B”

Please note this is my personal opinoion and may not reflect SDFI

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.