[RESOLVED] CallerID sometimes works in The Netherlands


#1

Hi folks,

CallerID sometimes works with my TDM11b card. The line is a KPN line. My analog DECT phone receives the CallerID every time, flawlessly, so it seems to be transmitted reliably. Here is my zapata.conf:

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=dtmf
cidstart=polarity
relaxdtmf=yes

busydetect=yes
busycount=3
echocancel=yes

signalling=fxs_ks
context=vastelijn-in
callerid=asreceived
rxgain=10
channel => 1

signalling=fxo_ks
context=thuistelefoon
callerid="Telefoon" <40>
cancallforward=yes
rxgain=0
flash=300
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
channel => 2

Does any of you have an idea on how to improve? I’ve already tried “cidstart=polarity” and “cidstart=ring”, with and without “relaxdtmf=yes”, all with unsatisfactory results.


#2

Hi

Try ring, and drop the rxgain to see if this is distorting the signaling.


#3

Unfortunately, that doesn’t improve anything. If anything, CallerID detection got worse. This is what I see on the console with “ring”:

*CLI>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
Mar 26 15:07:36 NOTICE[11797]: chan_zap.c:6063 ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...
Mar 26 15:07:37 NOTICE[11797]: chan_zap.c:6063 ss_thread: Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...
Mar 26 15:07:41 NOTICE[11797]: chan_zap.c:6063 ss_thread: Got event 18 (Ring Begin)...
    -- Executing AGI("Zap/1-1", "jabber.agi|myjabber@address Inkomend gesprek van .") in new stack

This is what I see on the console, when put things back to “polarity”:

  == Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 1
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing AGI("Zap/1-1", "jabber.agi|myjabber@address Inkomend gesprek van .") in new stack

The CallerID number should be between “inkomend gesprek van” and the period after it.

After the changes in zapata.conf, I issued a “restart when convenient” command to reload everything.

I also tried “cidstart=ring” and “cidstart=polarity” with “immediate=yes”, but that didn’t work either.


#4

For those that are interested, I fixed the issue. The reason was that the signal was too low, so setting rxgain=14 solved it.