Attended Transfer from Web Interface. ARI? AMI?

I have a web interface for agents/operators that initiates a blind transfer using a button on the web page. Currently the agent receives an inbound call, when/if they wish to transfer it, they select a transfer target number from the speed dial list or enter the number into the web page, then click transfer.

When the agent clicks transfer, we use the AMI Redirect to do a blind transfer. The inbound caller and the transfer target are connected and the agent drops off the call. This has worked well since Asterisk 1.8.x for us.

The issue is that we really need to offer attended transfer.

What is the best path forward to adding attended transfer to our web interface using Asterisk 16? We need to give the operator the ability to:

1- Initiate the attended transfer in the same manner they now initiate blind transfer on the web page
2- Inbound call is placed on hold while agent/operator speaks to transfer target and ask if they want to take the call or not.
3- The agent/operator then either hangs up with the transfer target and goes back to inbound caller on hold if the target does not want to accept the transfer… OR The agent puts the inbound caller and transfer target together (bridges call) and drops off the call, if the target DOES want to accept the call.

What is the best path forward and can you PLEASE provide some examples of how you would do this?

For some time I have been thinking that using ARI was the best method but now I am thinking that sticking with AMI is the best way forward… Thoughts? Examples? Why?

I had another thread I started with this topic but it has already been closed so I can’t update it which is the reason I started a new topic.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think the typical way of doing this is to park the original call, although other ways of keeping it alive are possible.

Using AMI, ARI or something else?

This is third party control, so AMI.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.