AsteriskNOW Anyoen Used it?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has used it, and if so can you give some insight to it and a little reveiw so to speak :smile:

www.assterisknow.org

I am not sure if they are affiliated with Asterisk or Digium in anyway, but i am interested to see what it is like based on others opinions.

Cheers,

David.

your link is broken, you must mean asterisknow.org/

itā€™d the Digium 1.4 GUI, the links at the bottom of the pages all point to Digium, the hostname resolves back tp pabst.digium.com ā€¦ so i would guess itā€™s Digium :smiley:

edit: asterisknow.org b0rked, use asterisknow.com

Thank you baconbuttie :smile:

Cheers,

David.

iā€™ve just registered etc with the site to see what itā€™s all about. the downloads links are to the rpath.org site, e.g. 32-bit build goes to rpath.org/rbuilder/downloadImage?fileId=9996

and that signpost image annoys me :open_mouth:

I have used PoundKey, which is the Digum/rPath soft appliance that preceded AsterisNow with a 1.2.x distro and no GUI. Worked a charm. Will be interested to try this one, now that it has the wonderful v1.4 cooked in, although the GUI could be a bit more comprehensiveā€¦ Why not just cook in FreePBX?

whats the root password? i know my admin login but i need root accessā€¦

reboot to the cd
use ā€œlinux rescueā€ when prompted for boot options
chroot /mnt/sysimage
passwd
reboot and have access to the system.

Because FreePBX is pure GPL, Asterisk is not. Everything Digium releases is dual licenses, one GPL and the other to make money on.

Hence the reason some developers do not want their modules added to the core system.

Hi

Or looking at it the other way, The other dual licence allows developers of non GPL code to include the code, Dialogic drivers for example.

Hi

Iā€™ve installed it, but how can I get to the graphical interface??
Iā€™ve a menu

Update, Console, Restart, Shuitdown, Reboot, Quit

regards

GUI configuration is accomplished using a web browser ā€¦ the IP address is displayed above the ā€œDOS style screenā€ optionsā€¦e.g.

if DHCP server leased the AsteriskNow server 192.168.1.100

type 192.168.1.100/ into your browser

you will get some interesting certificate issues, but just accept that and enjoyā€¦

Hi

Iā€™ve some problem using the GUI.
When I was trying to add a new phone user in the Users tab

ex) Extension:201
Name:test
Password :1111

and when I do [save], it show if Iā€™ve saved correctly, but
when I move to a different tab and go back again to the Users tab,
all of the users which Iā€™ve added are not shown.

Does anyone know what happend to this matter?

Because FreePBX is pure GPL, Asterisk is not. Everything Digium releases is dual licenses, one GPL and the other to make money on.

Hence the reason some developers do not want their modules added to the core system.[/quote]

I believe the gui was actually created to fullfill the need of lightweight framework capable of running on an embedded platform. FreePBX is written in PHP. PHP is heavy on resources and takes up a lot of very limited space in flash. Since the asterisk GUI is written in Javascript and relys on the Aynchronous Javascript Asterisk Manager (AJAM) framework, no heavy script parsing engines are required. All the parsing work is done in your webbrowser. :smile:

Iā€™ve found it.

You cannot regist 3 digit Extension number for each user.
You have to regist at least 4 digit number.

That worked fine for me :astonished: .