Asterisk 1.4 GUI is awsome!

I was at astricon in Dallas TX today, and had the chance to see the new gui. It is a work of art. Mark himself told me that it was available for download form the Asterisk site.

I can’t wait to get home Friday to put it on my test box.

so tell us a bit more about it…

What can it actually do?

tell me about this and give link to install this one…

and important please tell me how can install asterisk 1.2 in suse linux…

thanx

sorry asterisk 1.4 installation

mylo,

I would say as far as funcktionality it is on par with freePBX, but it does look better in my opinion.

I think this is the command:

svn checkout svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/gui

But I could be wrong. I will have to ask the forum moderators to pitch in here and verify that.

I will also check with Digium at Astricon today to verify that.

viewable link: svn.digium.com/view/asterisk-gui/

if you want to checkout this branch, it would be:

svn checkout svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-gui/trunk

One of the best things about it is that you can hand edit any conf file and the gui reads it. Also it doesn’t create many other included files and contexts making the confs easily readable. It also uses the new users.conf info that makes configuration much easier. :smile:

Hello,

Could you make some screens of this GUI? Maybe do you know the place where I can find it?

[quote=“setkos”]Hello,

Could you make some screens of this GUI? Maybe do you know the place where I can find it?[/quote]

Look a few posts up at whoiswes’s post and he tells where to get it.

[quote=“angler”][quote=“setkos”]Hello,

Could you make some screens of this GUI? Maybe do you know the place where I can find it?[/quote]

Look a few posts up at whoiswes’s post and he tells where to get it.[/quote]

[quote=“setkos”]Hello,

Maybe do you know the place where I can find it?[/quote]

I thought about screens, not about the Asterisk. Sorry

Screens are now here: asterisk.org/node/111

Very nice - thank you.

I have been anxiously awaiting the screenshots. Thanks for posting those. The GUI looks great. I am anxious to see how it will progress!

I got this running yesterday. The design is very slick. Just by eliminating the need for Apache, MySql etc. is reason enough to use it. FreePBX looks like a dinosaur compared to this. It’s still a work in progress though and can’t do many things FreePBX can yet. Should be a killer app after it matures a bit.

be specicif about what FREEPBX offer that * does not ?

I have several projects that I will soon have to chose one over the other and I have very little knowlege of the pros vs cons of one veres the other ?

as it’s available to download, wouldn’t you be better off downloading and installing it yourself ?

So… it doesnt run on apache??

It can however by default it uses a mini http server.

Hey guys,

I’v downloaded the svn.

Where do I put it?
How do I install it?
What .conf files do I need to edit to make it work?
What is the URL after it’s activated - 0.0.0.0:???

Thanks in advance!

[quote=“rquick”]Hey guys,

I’v downloaded the svn.

Where do I put it?
How do I install it?
What .conf files do I need to edit to make it work?
What is the URL after it’s activated - 0.0.0.0:???

Thanks in advance![/quote]

That file in the svn called README is there for a reason. Can you guess what for?