Asterisk v1.4.0 Released!

[quote]The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the first release
in the Asterisk 1.4 series, Asterisk 1.4.0!

As previously announced, this release contains a large number of new
features over the 1.2 series; see the CHANGES file in the distribution
for the complete list. Before installing this release, be sure to read
the UPGRADE.txt file as well, to be aware of changes that were made that
will require you to change configuration files or dialplan entries.

Along with Asterisk, Asterisk-Addons, Zaptel and libpri were also
released as 1.4.0 versions.

As usual, the release files are available at downloads.digium.com, and have been signed with GPG keys to ensure their
authenticity.[/quote]

asterisk.org/node/48266

Feature list:

sineapps.com/news.php?rssid=1502

since this new release of Asterisk is creating such a hype as it claims to bring out alot more functionality to the Asterisk and removing of some older ways of getting done your work in a unmanaged way.

i want to make a request on it, that if we can make a separate forum for 1.4 Release, where all the development can be posted in a managed way.

i am currently testing new features as well with this newer release and i am sure there are others as well doing the same. so it would be quite helpful and good activity to let the world know how each of us made 1.4 release a good use for ourselves…

[quote=“Bugs”]since this new release of Asterisk is creating such a hype as it claims to bring out alot more functionality to the Asterisk and removing of some older ways of getting done your work in a unmanaged way.

i want to make a request on it, that if we can make a separate forum for 1.4 Release, where all the development can be posted in a managed way.

i am currently testing new features as well with this newer release and i am sure there are others as well doing the same. so it would be quite helpful and good activity to let the world know how each of us made 1.4 release a good use for ourselves…[/quote]

I don’t make that call, but I do not see any reason to fragment the forums to versions of Asterisk. Better to post in the same place, and just indicate which version of Asterisk you are using, IMHO.

it was just a suggestion, nothing more than that. and u replied with a alright comment that theres no need to fragment it from rest of the forum.
:smile:

sooo fine with me either way.

Hi ,

Nice to hear that 1.4 is live now. But, Where do i find latest documentation on this verison? It seems that there are many feature avalable in this version and i dont find a way to read & understand the same. I did purchased couple of books, but they all talk about old versions.

Thanks
Sekhar.

Hi,

in …/asterisk-1.4.0/docs/

there are LOTS of docs, explaining new features like jingle, jabber, and additions to existing ones.

How about how to properly use hints in 1.4? Can’t find those docs anywhere…

How about SLA ( Shared Line Appearence )… There is nothing on this long awaited feature as well.

theres a page on voip-info.org on how to do SLA… look up the applications SLAtrunk and SLAstation

You must use limitonpeers option and call-limit option for every type=friend that you have in sip.conf

Take a look at the sample config for 1.4 at asterisk.org/doxygen/1.4/.

Also take a look at

bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8405