Asterisk queue external number

Due to Covid-19 restriction i’m in need to setup queues with external numbers for smart working…

Is there a way to avoid cellular phone’s voice mail ?

When voicemail starts calls are given as answered…i wish i could let callee to press a digit to conferm the take over of the call…

is it possible?

No. There’s basically nothing that allows another phone to cooperate with a phone server on the public side.

How about to use VPN with softphone for external numbers?

You need to be more specific in what you are trying to do. VPN is possible, provided the external phone registers to the own PBX. The quality of things like that varies.

I have used vpn with openvpn via raspberry in the past and it worked very well…

But customer ask specifically for external number (queue) to be able to accept calls only pressing a button to avoid cell phone voicemail to interfere with the normal call center operations

I believe that app_dial doesn’t answer the caller until things like sub-routines have been run, so I imagine you can do this in a local channel, by having a callee subroutine hang up the callee.

You can dial the agent (maybe with a local channel) along with the U option, write a dialplan where you have to press 1 or any digit to get connected

Perhaps i tried local channel…i had put ingoing call on Hold…then call outside number…then bridge them if accepted by callee…But i had the problem that i’m retrieving callee’s numbers from db via ODBC…And i had to call them sequentially…I was stuck in the process of passing variables as i could not inherit as, outgoing channel was a new one…

Do you think can i iterate thtough ODBC rows (obtaining calle’s number to dial), then once i’ll get variable, call subroutine with local channel ? If callee won’t press a button i could set return() …and iterate through rows results?

Can i abuse your patience and ask for a schema or diagram?

Sorry for the trouble…Normally I try to get by on my own…but i have wasted so much time in wrong tracks that I am now discouraged

Are you saying you were using Originate, as you can get variables to inherit to a Dialed channel by prefixing them with _ or __ (one level, and transitive closure, inheritance, respectively) when setting them.

Yes i was using originate…

Thanks… gosub_result give me the right path to follow…i hope

Hi…

I’m dialing with U option…press 1 to get connected or two to reject…all fine…

one more question…if called party hangup call prior to answer…subroutine goes on…without notice hangup… the subroutine goes timeout and then prosecute normally…

anyone know the possible reasons ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.