Asterisk keeps dying on me

Hi All, I have been experimenting with an install of Asterisk 11 with freepbx. The main reason for using this is to act as a h232 to sip gateway for our Avaya g450. I have had great fun in getting this working and think that this is a fantastic product. I have been using it with smart phone sip apps on our LAN and there is so much potential that, I would love to try it out live. The only problem I have is that I have had to do two complete reinstalls in the last 6 months. This is after it just stopped working. My latest issue was where astersk CLI stopped due to some missing files and then freepbx also died a death shortly afterwards. Asterisk on this occasion was fine it was just the CLI and freepbx that didn’t want to play. My question is this. I would like to try it without freepbx to see if it will me more stable. I found this on a google search.

http://support.digium.com/Answers?id=kA080000000H21wCAC#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_SEARCH_RESULT&id=kA080000000H21w

There is a link to an iso which I downloaded but I am not getting the option to install without freepbx. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to let this loose on our users I am sure they are going to love it. I am just not confident enough with the present state of affairs. Thanks in advance

Compile it from sources. Install your preferred Linux Distro then install asterisk on it. Debian or CentOS are the most used distros for Asterisk servers, but also OpenSUSE works nice.

I would install centos 6 then add the asterisk 11 repo and install using yum. No reason to compile from sources.

Many of the repos are outdated and the bug fix comes slowly thats why I prefer compile from sources, also you can enable/disable features easily or patching too, things with an rpm are a “pita”

I have never had asterisk just die on me requiring a re-install. Maybe you have some sort of hardware problem. Run memtest to eliminate that possibility. Also check SMART flags on your disks for possible failure.

Thanks for all your replies peeps. I have downloaded the distro and will have a go this week on Centos. Surp, thanks for your advice, this happened on two different machines. One has been running Ubuntu for more than a year with no issues.
I will let you know how I get on. Here’s hoping . Thanks again.