Asterisk crashing 2-3 times a day, frozen calls in htop?

Trying to figure out an issue I am having. I am running vicibox/vicidial but I am having an issue where calls are getting caught up in asterisk it seems and im not having much luck in vici forums. I appologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question

So when asterisk is running on one of my dialing servers there are a number of things i can see running in HTOP mainly a bunch of processes /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvgcT I imagine this is a process for an actual call. now when i start asterisk everything runs fine for a while but every so often one of these processes lasts 13+ hours and it is just eating up cpu 100-120% constantly. Eventually asterisk crashes although sometimes it does not. Usually it will crash 2-3 times a day and I have to restart asterisk to get it going again.

any idea what this could be ? or is there any information i can include to help figure this problem out. I have been digging into this for days and its really frustrating.

Also , this may be a novice question but Lets say i have a call in my system and i dial a 3rd party and transfer that call. Shouldn’t their carrier take over? im asking because every time i need to restart asterisk it is killing phone calls that i transfered 30 -40 minutes ago. Does that call not get handed off to the third party carrier? Also i am paying LD for the entire call. Maybe this is just the way it works but it seems like maybe the two issues correlate to some carrier /context/dialplan setting i have that is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Howdy,

Backtraces can be obtained by following the instructions here:
wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … +Backtrace

Note that you’ll need to be using a version of Asterisk that still receives bug-fixes, e.g. 11 or 13, as all other versions have moved to EOL or Security-fixes only.

Cheers