Asterisk 1.4.1 / Grandstream 2000 BLF

Anyone else getting this problem? …

Upgraded asterisk 1.4.0 -> 1.4.1 and the BLF lights on the GXP-1000 (FW 1.1.1.14, HW 1.1) are now green, if a phone is offline, instead of red? Or is it just me who’s messed something up?

Ring and inuse states are coming up as expected, but “Unavailable” state is acting like Idle.

• 1.4.0 worked fine, no config has changed.

“core show hints” shows offline phones as “State:Unavailable” as expected.

At the moment I have no idea if this is a * problem or a GXP-2000 problem.

Ideas anyone?

I am having the exact same problem. Had no problems with 1.4 or below.

Ah! So, I’m not alone then. Right, I’ll have a root around in the packets and see if I can get anything out of the SIP notify traffic.

Meanwhile, any asterisk experts know of any significant changes in sip notify/hint/inuse stuff? Of course this still could be the fault of the GXP-2000 but it’s definitely the * 1.4.1 that’s triggered it.

Also, I have 2 * servers on my GXP phone, one is 1.4.0 and the BLF’s from that one work ok.

are you setting call-limit, busy-level and limitonpeers now ? oej did some work on hints as lots (and lots) of people were having issues, and he did some reworking.

call-limit=4
limitonpeers=yes (default, tried no, made no difference)

I can’t find any ref to busy-level in the configs or src, I think this one may be in trunk but not in 1.4.1.

That said Idle/Busy/Ring states are all working OK, the problem is that offline phones show as idle, ie, available. I’ll continue to hunt.

[quote]are you setting call-limit, busy-level and limitonpeers now ? oej did some work on hints as lots (and lots) of people were having issues, and he did some reworking.
[/quote]

Hi baconbuttie,

what and what work was done by oej and where can one fine docs on this. I am also having the same issue (Green Lights) with my GXP 2000. I also need to add my Zap and IP trunks to the speed dial buttons on my GXP 2000 phone., so that if I push this buttons, I get a dial tone and dial out through this trunk(s) as specified by my dial plan for this trunk(s).

Thanks.

Ok, some sip debugging with version 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 and the a bit of diffing chan_sip.c and I have the answer. Expressed as a diff it’s this (orig=1.4.0, new=1.4.2) : -

[code]— chan_sip.c.orig 2007-03-18 20:37:06.000000000 +0000
+++ chan_sip.c 2007-03-23 15:12:40.946029746 +0000
@@ -6890,7 +6890,7 @@
pidfnote = “On the phone”;
break;
case AST_EXTENSION_UNAVAILABLE:

•           statestring = "terminated";

•           statestring = "confirmed";
              local_state = NOTIFY_CLOSED;
              pidfstate = "away";
              pidfnote = "Unavailable";[/code]

Which in english means that after 1.4.0 the response string in the notifys for BLFs on the phones uses ‘terminated’ state for unavailable instead of ‘confirmed’.

Now I don’t know which is actually correct according to specs but for a GXP-2000 ‘terminated’ does not work right but ‘confirmed’ does so I have patched my chan_sip.c back to the older behaviour ('cos that’s just the kind of guy I am :wink:)

If anyone knows which the correct behavior is, maybe we can get a bug raised, or maybe there’s already one out there? I should look shouldn’t I!

Where can i find this file? I am having the same problems as stated above.

Thanks.

Edit: Found the file. What did you use to re-compile it?