Asterisk 1.2.10 and Zaptel 1.2.7

I went to download the latest release of Asterisk the other day to install for a friend of mine (who wants to start learning it). I didn’t pay any attention to what I was downloading and hadn’t noticed that 1.2.10 was, in fact, what I was installing. It wasn’t until I was compiling the zaptel module that I noticed something rather unique. I was used to seeing the “ztdummy” module being built and noticed, in it’s place, a “ztdynamic” module instead. Has anyone built on this platform yet?
I am going to play with it this weekend but wanted to hear what everyone thought about it before I go grab the latest and greatest version. Does the new zaptel still require the 2.6.16 kernel, or has it leveled the field of kernel requirements?
I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss here. I look forward to hearing the responses from everyone.

yestreday i upgrade one system to kernel-2.6.17.8, zaptel-1.2.5 and asterisk-1.2.10
i loaded modules: zaptel and ztdummy (meetme is used)
its working as it does when * 1.2.7.1, zaptel-1.2.5 and kernel 2.6.16.18 was there

What about with the zaptel 1.2.7 installed?

sorry, i type it wrong. i installed zaptel-1.2.7
boss give me a task ‘install latest version there’, so i wget’ed them from asterisk.org

NP, just wanted to be sure. What is the “ztdynamic” module that it installs then? I haven’t had a chance to go searching for it yet. I need to sit down with the wikki and see what I can come up with. I would be most pleased if they have really removed the kernel restrictions on the zaptel module. Then we can use the version that comes with our favorite distribution as-is. :smile: