1sttime newby, 1st Astrisk job monday& I need help BIG t

Howdy

I have to fix an astrisk pbx on Monday morning , 36 hours from now. I looked at it last week briefly and got stuck on passwords and made mega phonecalls to everyone that didnt/should have known them.

1. I have No password to log into the Astrisk [assuming I need to]
  2. I have to setup a mapped drive to the astrisk pbx pc to retrieve hotel/motel smdr call records file, also no username password for the shared directory [that used to work 2 months ago].
  3. I need to programm a digital phone to replace a analog adapter phone.
    4.I also need the best resource for troubleshooting Astrisk.

I also dont know linux.
I also dont know if i can shell out to command prompt of the rolling debug screen. [can i do that?]
I also need to find a passowrd that works , how do i do that [default password maybe?]

I have defaulted the new lynx SPA942 digital phone.
I have acceess to the HTML setup page of the new lynx SPA942 digital phone via a switch.
I also have access to FREEPABX via the HTML access [i can login to that at least].

Thats all I got.

Man oh Man I only have 35hrs 53 mins now to get this box to work.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Cheers
Camacazi

If it is a Linux machine, that is pretty simple. All you need is to boot the Linux machine using any Linux Live CD (make sure it doesn’t erase your Linux partitions). Once you in the Live CD machine, do the following:
[ol]
[li]Mount the existing hard drive that contains /etc partition.[/li]
[li]Edit either passwd or shadow file and remove the root password.[/li]
[li]Save the file.[/li]
[li]Unmount the partition.[/li]
[li]Shutdown the machine.[/li]
[li]Unplug the ethernet cable from its port.[/li]
[li]Start the machine.[/li]
[li]Login using root account with no password.[/li]
[li]Once inside the machine, change password.[/li]
[li]Shutdown the machine.[/li]
[li]Plug back the ethernet cable.[/li]
[li]Start the machine.[/li][/ol]
That’s all to it.

Thanks Mazilo

I went to my site today.
This is what happened today.

In freepbx there is a message saying "warning default password exists for asterisk manager, please change the password"
maybe i can use this default password? what is the manager default password ?

Anyways freepbx also has a cli command area , so i can type a command in there to find my username/password for my sharedirectory , if i knew what command to use that is , Any one know?

Also
i programmed up my phones via html, but the stupid ip adress i was given by dhcp was completely wrong. so i manually gave it one , but the phones can only make calls not receive them …what the ? anyone know how to fix that?

Takes a while to register too.

Thanks in advance.

Camacazi

Thanks Mazilo

I went to my site today.
This is what happened today.

In freepbx there is a message saying "warning default password exists for asterisk manager, please change the password"
maybe i can use this default password? what is the manager default password ?

Anyways freepbx also has a cli command area , so i can type a command in there to find my username/password for my sharedirectory , if i knew what command to use that is , Any one know?

Also
i programmed up my phones via html, but the stupid ip adress i was given by dhcp was completely wrong. so i manually gave it one , but the phones can only make calls not receive them …what the ? anyone know how to fix that?

Takes a while to register too.

Thanks in advance.

Camacazi

[quote=“ccaammaaccaazzii”]In freepbx there is a message saying "warning default password exists for asterisk manager, please change the password"
maybe i can use this default password? what is the manager default password ?[/quote]
LOL …, I thought you wanted to know how to remove root password for your Linux OS. As with asterisk manager, I have no idea. I am an asterisk newbie. I hope someone here will be able to help you out.

[quote=“mazilo”][quote=“ccaammaaccaazzii”]In freepbx there is a message saying “warning default password exists for asterisk manager, please change the password”
maybe i can use this default password? what is the manager default password ?[/quote]
LOL …, I thought you wanted to know how to remove root password for your Linux OS. As with asterisk manager, I have no idea. I am an asterisk newbie. I hope someone here will be able to help you out.[/quote]

There are easier ways to reset the root password :wink: Boot into single user mode, then use the passwd command to change it to whatever you want.

As far as ccaammaaccaazzii’s questions. You may want to look over at the freepbx forums since that is the gui you are running to manage the asterisk configurations. freepbx.org/forums/viewtopic.php If you are still stuck and need to have this working today, you may have better luck contracting one of the consultants on this board by posting in the jobs forum to solve your issue while you learn the system.

[quote=“ccaammaaccaazzii”]1. I have No password to log into the Astrisk [assuming I need to]
[/quote]
Asterisk itself doesn’t have passwords to log into the console. If you have the correct linux user permissions to the process. It should allow you in.
use “/usr/sbin/asterisk -r” to get to the cli.

I’m going to guess someone set up a samba share for the cdr directory. If they are accessing it from windows, that’d be my guess. www.samba.org

[quote=“ccaammaaccaazzii”]
3. I need to programm a digital phone to replace a analog adapter phone.
[/quote] Digital as in a VOIP phone? You should be able to do that through the freepbx interface. (I have not used freepbx so I’m not sure)

This book is very good: oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510480/
You can also look at the wiki: voip-info.org/wiki/ although some things may be out of date there.

Hope this helps you.

-Dave

Thanks Dave/Mazilo

I think you are right about the samba thing , i recall an addon in freepbx called that , also samba has a linux password sync which explains why the share doent work cos the root password has been changed.

I will boot as a single user and change it back to what it is supposed to be.

Cheers