Zaptel Install Problems

I currently have installed Fedora 8, Asterisk 1.4.16, zaptel 1.4.7.1. and a digium TDM400 card with two fxo ports. I was able to install zaptel with no errors, but asterisk does not seem to register it as a channel. When I type ‘core show channeltypes’ zap is not listed as a registered channel driver. when I ring the line asterisk does not respond. ‘modprobe wctdm’ runs fine and does not produce any output. When I run ztcfg -vv I get the following:

Zaptel Version: 1.4.7.1
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.

I don’t know why it says ‘2 channels to configure’ but I read in other posts that this might not mean anything and may be a slight bug.

zaptel.conf

fxsks=3
fxsks=4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
; Default context
context=PhoneLines_Incoming
signalling=fxo_ls
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
relaxdtmf=no
rxgain=10.0
txgain=0.0

signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 3,4

Any help on how to get the zaptel card talking to asterisk would be of great help.

I noticed in the zapata.conf file I had signalling listed both as fxo_ls & fxs_ks. I removed fxo_ls since both of the channels are fxo’s. But I still have the same issues.

Did you maybe install zaptel after asterisk? Does asterisk’s “make menuconfig” show chan_zap as a selected Channel Driver?

I originally thought I installed zaptel before asterisk, but then I realized it did not install successfully so I reinstalled zaptel and then reinstalled asterisk. Could it be that I did not reinstall properly? What would the procedure be to reinstall?

I ran make menuconfig and there was XXX next to chan_zap.

Try reinstalling asterisk. Do a make clean, run ./configure, make menuconfig (this time chan_zap should show up without the XXX, make sure it’s selected), then continue with the build.

It worked. Thanks!