Configure TDM400P

Hello,

I am using TDM400P card of digium with 2 FXO modules. After compiled Zaptel, I type ztcfg -vv

[code]asterisk:~ # ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.7
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.
[/code]

It is something weird, because I see in guides and documents that it should be “2 channels configured”. Do they have the same meaning or there is something I still have to configure ? I can currently not make outgoing calls. Error:

[Dec 6 11:11:50] WARNING[6046]: app_dial.c:1131 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'zap' (cause 0 - Unknown) == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1) == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/90-081d6070' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'

Any help will be appreciated.

TheHero

I got it fixed. The problem was in zapata.conf. That message “channels to configure” seems to be a bug. Everything still works fine!

Just for someone to locate his error easier.

what was the problem in your zapata.conf ?
i have the same problem

What version of asterisk are you using ? I want to open a report on the bug tracker.

In my case, asterisk-1.4.15
I can receive and make call via Asterisk
So everything is fine… but it says i have to configure the channels

Speaking to a bug marshal now…

I’m new so maybe i did something wrong… i got my card 2 days ago and I didn’t even know Asterisk 1 week ago :laughing:

But like thehero, I followed some tutorial and it’s not like if it was hard to install. And my guess is, it’s work because i can make call (FXS --> Asterisk --> FXO)

It’s weird, indeed!

What do you have in /etc/zapata.conf ?

Also you configured channels 3 and 4. What happened to channels 1 and 2 ?

(Not to self… Do not try to help others at 3:30 AM…)

I think you got it already, but would like to mention that this error has nothing to do with the message “channels to configure” of ztcfg. So problem may be mostly in your zapata.conf file.