Zapata Troubleshooting Help

Hi there,

I have a X100P fxo card, which was working fine previously. After upgrading the computer and OS (to ubuntu 8.04), incoming landline calls no longer work. I’ve ported over all my old settings, and just can’t figure out why it’s not working. Nothing comes up when viewing asterisk -vvvvvr. Where should I look in order to narrow down the cause? I currently don’t know if it’s the zaptel setup or asterisk or what.

Happy to provide more info - let me know what’s useful

Thanks!
Dan

Additional notes:

Sometimes ztcfg succeeds, sometimes fails with

Currently it is succeeding, and /proc/zaptel/1 has

[code]Span 1: WCFXO/0 “Wildcard X100P Board 1” (MASTER)

1 WCFXO/0/0 FXSKS 

[/code]
Here is some part of dmesg, not sure if all the lines are relevant

[ 31.497682] Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X100P [ 31.497714] agpgart: Detected an Intel G33 Chipset. [ 31.497936] FXO PCI Master abort [ 31.499248] agpgart: Detected 7164K stolen memory. [ 31.512601] agpgart: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xe0000000 [ 31.512691] shpchp: Standard Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.4 [ 31.547235] usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 4 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04F9 pid 0x001A

I tried swapping to another PCI slot, no help. This is assuming that’s the problem in the first place - the device seems to show up on lspci

My motherboard is an Asus P5KPL-CM, if that means anything.

Update: I reverted everything to my old box, and things work fine again. The contents of /proc/zaptel/1 are slightly different, “(In Use)” is also shown on my old box, vs just recognising the card name on the new one, or worse when ztcfg fails.

So is this flaky or incompatible hardware? Or issues with drivers? :frowning:

I read somewhere that there are issues with some old motherboards not supporting PCI 2.2, but they were for a different FXO card and my motherboard is quite new…