Zap here - then gone

Hi,

I’m just installed Asterisk 1.4.10, Zaptel 1.4.4 .

Asterisk CLI showed the “zap show” commands available (using “help”) and they worked - I used them to show the status of a Rhino card I have installed.

Then I rebooted the machine - and now the “zap” commands are not available in Asterisk.

In an “attempt” to fix the problem, I reinstalled zaptel and asterisk and somehow caused the commands to show again - yet again - after a reboot - they are gone.

I’m tottaly new to Linux, however have many many years of system programming on mainframes. I’m sure this is something I’m doing wrong somewhere - I just don’t know where.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sounds like the zap modules aren’t being loaded by your OS.

check out the modprobe section in the following
asteriskdocs.org/modules/tin … /x291.html

I will take a look.

I see now that if I run ztcfg after I reboot everything works fine.

I guess I just need some direction on now to set things up where they start automatically after a reboot.

Thanks for the link.

I read that link and I’m still not sure I completely understand what is required or why doing “ztcfg” after booting “fixes” the problem.

Can someone help me with what I need to set up to have Asterisk (including zaptel) start automatically after a boot (unattended)?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I have a few lines in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local like so:

service zaptel start sleep 5 amportal start

I do not have either zaptel or asterisk auto-starting as services, I found that caused problems. They seem fine if started later by rc.local

Thanks for your help.

I assume that amportal starts Asterisk?

Yes, I use FreePBX as a front end for configuration.

amportal starts both Asterisk & Flash Operator Panel.