x100p help....please brothers

Dear all

me from india working at saudi arabia for educational purpous i downloaded Asterisk@home 1.3 version and installed in my P4 Intel mechine then i did setup xlite phones its working very smoothly… now the main thing here i couldnot find Digium distributor,so no way to get a digium card and here illeagal voip termination. so i am not planning to spent huge $, and i would like to go through X100P the main problem is Intel IA92 not available in the market. if i do online purchase from ebay the cost is only below $10, shipping charge will be $90, this is very bad luck, we have here in the local market creative modem,motorola modem,conixent modem,us robotics,3com, this all will not work with asterisk,please advice to me what i will do.i am very glad to hear from you that.

and someone said posted message in this forum saudi telecom and indian telecom will not compatiable for asterisk. some issues, so x100p only i can do tests.
i would like to promote and give support asterisk in saudi arabia and india
who facing more problems from telecom regulatory and high cost telephone bills.

digium x100p not available
intel ia 92 not available
ambient 3200 not available
motorola 62802 not available

one of my friend give to me some old modems
1} Motorola 62802-51 Dead Condition
2} motorola MOT PCI3 0317CGEA11 Working condition but not copatiable with Asterisk

3} Motorola 62412-51 lrt28237a-0.6 0034 i think this is working condition
i removed R13 and R19 and installed with asterisk@home but having problems …

here only qustions no one want to answer ?

When you say VOIP termination is illegal there, do you mean it’s illegal to have an account with an internet telephony service provider somewhere else in the world?

I seriously don’t think you’ve got any chance of getting a hardware solution to work - except ISDN maybe, which i’ve suggested to you before. You’ve got no chance of getting the X100P to work in Saudi Arabia, by the sound of it. There’s no possibility that any other modem is likely to work either, as far as i can see.

It looks like your only solution is to get an account with an internet telephony service provider somewhere else in the world and do your telephony over the internet through them. If this is illegal, then i can’t see what you can do - apart from either breaking the law or going to live in a country where the laws aren’t so stupid!

[quote=“WillKemp”]When you say VOIP termination is illegal there, do you mean it’s illegal to have an account with an internet telephony service provider somewhere else in the world?

i havnt an account i dont want to connect with voip provider…i am talking about inbound and out bound from PSTN to asterisk box

I seriously don’t think you’ve got any chance of getting a hardware solution to work - except ISDN maybe, which i’ve suggested to you before. You’ve got no chance of getting the X100P to work in Saudi Arabia, by the sound of it. There’s no possibility that any other modem is likely to work either, as far as i can see.

my dsl line configured ISDN shall i use isdn terminal adapter for this
now i have 128kbps up and 128 down ADSL with Speed Touch Usb adsl MOdem

It looks like your only solution is to get an account with an internet telephony service provider somewhere else in the world and do your telephony over the internet through them. If this is illegal, then i can’t see what you can do - apart from either breaking the law or going to live in a country where the laws aren’t so stupid![/quote]

this is not illeagal but …i am trying to setup my own not to paying some other VOIP providers… more prepaid viop cards available in the local market such as NET2PHONE, KSAFONE www.ksafone.com)
i am looking for my own solution to connect two locations …
and i got info from voip fourms modified intel and motorola will work with asterisk coz we can use that as a modem. so once asterisk is detected we can use it …

thanks for your informations

DSL and ISDN are two different things and you can’t have both on the same line at the same time. If you’ve got DSL, you haven’t got ISDN on the same line.

If you’ve really got ISDN as well as DSL (on two different lines), then have a look at the ISDN section in this page:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … k+Hardware

now i got confuse …

what i have undrestood , when we are applying for a dsl, the line should be configured as ISDN. We are using PPP in Dsl

but i found some other persons are using asterisk servers in india how its possible with x100p or digium cards

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … 100P+clone

what is this mean …

Intel 537EP
Ambient MD3200
Motorola 62802 - Sometimes incorporated onto cards known as SM56 PCI modems. (i am having this modem) even how do i test i dont know

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:unamused: :cry:

[quote=“kuppattil”]http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=X100P+clone

what is this mean …

Intel 537EP
Ambient MD3200
Motorola 62802 - Sometimes incorporated onto cards known as SM56 PCI modems. (i am having this modem) even how do i test i dont know[/quote]

What does which bit of that mean?

I don’t know how to test it either, but i’d start by just plugging it into the computer, starting up asterisk and seeing what it says. Get the asterisk console up and do

show channels

and see what it tells you.

Somebody reading this must know how you configure an X100P? I must say it’s not really obvious from the voip-info wiki pages! Although i didn’t search very thoroughly - there may be something there somewhere - but i use that wiki a lot and know my way around it fairly well.

A couple of different things:

1. X100P
    [ul]There is nothing to configure on a X100p. You plug it in, you use the minimal lines in /etc/zaptel.conf:

loadzone=us ; might want to use 'uk' here defaultzone=us ; might want to use 'uk' here ; Use Kewlstart FXS signalling for the Wildcard X100P fxsks=1

and in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

[channels] language=en context=from-pstn signalling=fxs_ks channel => 1

and that’s basically it. However, X100p will only work with an ANALOG or POTS line, not with an ISDN line (unless the ISDN NT has an A/B converter built in, in which case it presents two analog lines.[/ul]

1. DSL and ISDN

[ul]DSL and ISDN do go together in some places, this is called “ADSL Annex B” and is used extensively in Europe, and perhaps, as you said, in Saudi Arabia. If that’s what you have, a line which is both DSL (for Internet) and ISDN (for telephones), then you probably want to get hold of a card as described in the BRI-Cards section of Asterisk Hardware or else get an A/B (ISDN-to-POTS) adapter (converts one ISDN line into two analog lines) and use it with one or two X100p cards.[/ul]

1. Only questions here, no answers ?

[ul]I have found that in general, most people don’t answer questions which you can relatively easily answer yourself by EXTENSIVELY READING the information sources available on the Internet for a given topic.

So, if the answer to your question can be found on Digiums webpage, or in the voip-info.org Asterisk wiki (or on sites linked from there), not too many people will be willing to go to the trouble to write a long answer just to save you the work of researching it.

And if reading voip-info.org articles prompts you to say, “what does it mean”, then most folks on the net feel that you should get some basic know-how before asking questions here. Very few folks in technical communities like this feel like hand-holding absolute beginners in their topic.

This is not meant as a criticism of either the community or you as a new Asterisk user; it is simply my experience, and it explains at least in part why you have not received lots of answers.[/ul]

[quote=“WillKemp”]DSL and ISDN are two different things and you can’t have both on the same line at the same time. If you’ve got DSL, you haven’t got ISDN on the same line.
[/quote]

as wnpaul said, DSL and ISDN are often used together, especially in the US.

IDSL (ISDN over DSL) is a technology that is still used in the US, although not as common as it was a few years ago. one advantage of IDSL is that it will still operate through a telco’s SLC/DLC, through which other DSL technologies will not.

searchnetworking.techtarget.com/ … 16,00.html

HDSL is a common method of provisioning a T-1 because of its low cost, and PRI ISDN is often signaled over these circuits. in fact, most T-1 subscribers don’t realize if their carrier uses DSL to deliver their service.

searchnetworking.techtarget.com/ … 45,00.html

this site estimates that over 70% of the T-1s in the US are delivered via HDSL. i’m not sure how accurate or old this site is, but i believe that number is close.

t1-t3-dsl-line.com/page/44/

tahnks for your informations

Sasso writes:

[quote]as wnpaul said, DSL and ISDN are often used together, especially in the US.

IDSL (ISDN over DSL) is a technology that is still used in the US, although not as common as it was a few years ago. one advantage of IDSL is that it will still operate through a telco’s SLC/DLC, through which other DSL technologies will not. [/quote]

This is not, I believe, what the original poster asked about and others commented about.

What was talked about here is the provision of ADSL over a BRI line; what Sasso is talking about is the provision of BRI over a DSL line.

Two different things.

Terminology:
DSL over ISDN = AnnexB
DSL over PSTN = AnnexA
but setting up asterisk confs is another issue.
If you have any suggestions …
zapata.conf

asterisk.conf