Hardware for Asterisk@home

I downloaded and installed asterisk @ home at IntelP4 MECHINE, for experimental basis shall i buy generic x100p intel modem.i am using ADSL 128.K up and ADSL 128.K Down,

One more q?

if i install this intel modem i can recieve calls through or i can make calls from SOFTPHONES can redirect to PSTN lines

the main thing i am from india and i am living in saudi arabia …please advice me

[quote=“kuppattil”]I downloaded and installed asterisk @ home at IntelP4 MECHINE, for experimental basis shall i buy generic x100p intel modem.i am using ADSL 128.K up and ADSL 128.K Down,
[/quote]

I heard there are some problems with x100p. You shuld buy Digium TDM11B card, it is enough for testing (one FXO and one FXS port).

[quote=“kuppattil”]
if i install this intel modem i can recieve calls through or i can make calls from SOFTPHONES can redirect to PSTN lines[/quote]

Yes, you could do that with x100p, but I sugest you to use Digium card.

Tomislav

Thanks for your advice and i would like to tell you one main thing i am working at saudi arabia now here i am unable to find a digium reseller the second thing is i heared digum will not work with telecom saudi and telecom india have any idea bout this, if this true what i will do …