Why my "meetme" can not be made?

I configure the meetme.conf with “600” sample and extensions.conf. Then I dial 600 to enter a conference,but asterisk dedicate me with voice that conference number is not valid.

And I checked the asterisk debug message.system print the following infomation–
Jun 6 16:59:46 WARNING[4526]: chan_zap.c:1064 zt_open: Unable to open ‘/dev/zap/pseudo’: No such file or directory
Jun 6 16:59:46 ERROR[4526]: chan_zap.c:7551 chandup: Unable to dup channel: No such file or directory
Jun 6 16:59:46 WARNING[4526]: app_meetme.c:465 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo channel - trying device
Jun 6 16:59:46 WARNING[4526]: app_meetme.c:468 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo device

What’s wrong with my asterisk?

Hi

Have you looked through this forum ? If you search for meetme im sure you will find many many posts with the same problem as yours and the solution to it
Please check the forum before posting as the answer is here.

Ian

Note to the smart alec who posted the last reply.

THIS IS THE FORUM POST WE ARE GOING TO FOR ANSWERS, GET OFF THE BOARDS TROLL, POST SOMETHING HELPFULL

I could just edit the dialplan to get meetme to work, but the asterisk configuration gui is supposed to make it work right through the interface.

Thanks Cuban. I am having the same problem. Appreciate the help.

Ian. Truly helpful.

Hi

The reason this post said what it did was that when it was posted one and a half years ago this question was being asked weekly, and a search will bring up the answer, in the prevailing years there is now more “noise” so its harder to see the answer but its sitill there.

The answer is basicly the same every time. and that is zaptel either hasnt been compiled or compiled correctly. now the same would go for Dahdi.

To use meetme you need a zap/dahdi timing source. zttool or zap show channels will show if its loaded.

Ian

And if it’s not loaded what do you do?

Paul

Make sure you compile in the correct order and make sure the loading script in installed, IE a make configure.

then when the system starts you should see it try to load the different drivers but find no hardware so it loads ztdummy

Ian

I guess my real problem is using AsteriskNOW. I didn’t compile anything. I just installed from the ISO provided. Can I load it from the FreePBX gui?

Paul