Which is better: both apache tomcat and asterisk in one AWS server or separate AWS server for each?

Right now I have two AWS servers. Lets say server A and B.
Server A has apache tomcat server and mysql.
Server B has Asterisk SIP server and mysql.

After going through certain steps in Server A, Server A (tomcar server in AWS server A) has to insert a row in mysql of Asterisk server installed in AWS Server B.

1. Which is better?
    a) Having both Apache tomcat server, Mysql and Asterisk in one AWS or
    b) Separating Apache tomcat server, Mysql in one server and Asterisk in another server
  2. If having all in one AWS server, would it affect Asterisk’s performance?
  3. If having Asterisk in one server and rest in another server, how to make the apache tomcat server in AWS A to connect to AWS B and insert record in Mysql of Asterisk of Server B?

Best is to have Asterisk on a real machine local to the users

What do you meant by real machine and local to the users? I am a new bie please help.

Local to the user means in the same building as the majority of the phones that will use it and real machine means one that you can actually see as a box of hardware.

There is really no absolute right or wrong answer here. It’s all subjective to your setup and particular use case. Generically speaking any running program consumes memory and CPU. If you have 3 programs running and they all run at acceptable system levels then it’s fine to run them all on the same machine. It’s only when one or more of them consume system resources in a way that either “starve” the other programs or causes an unacceptable “slowdown” do you need to worry about it.

Even then you might consider upgrading/adding to your machine’s resources vs. moving one or more programs to another machine/instance.

1 Like

I’m not sure that the AWS machines are physical machines. If they are virtual, then you will be sharing the real machine with work for other people.

@david551 Fairly certain the default is shared hosting unless one specifically signs up for dedicated hosting. You are quite correct though that if one (not sure about @sivan’s use case) is very concerned with performance that should also be considered (or when running in any virtual environment for that matter).