Where can I find out where my extension "o" is pointed to?

I have a customer that has a voice mail system hosted on asterisk. I have set the operator = yes option for the voice mail accounts and the customer is wanting to have the option for once when people hit an extension’s voice mail to dial 0 to hit back to the operator.

I am relatively new to asterisk and this was set up before I arrived. It apparently only just recently stopped working or they just recently noticed that it no longer works, I am betting on they just recently noticed it.

I have done some reading and I know I need to have the operator option enabled for the voice mail extensions, and that I am supposed to have an extension defined as “o” in my extensions.conf. My question is how can I tell what my current “o” extension is and how can I changed that to say extension 8005 or something along those lines?

Right now when I am hitting “0” while the attendant is giving me the voice mail greeting it tells me to hold on while they try to transfer my call and then it proceeds to tell me that the extension does not exist, so I am assuming it is merely pointed to the wrong extension, one that no longer exists, or that it has never been fully set up.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I’ve done some further digging, let me explain how the customer here works.

We have a telephone switch which forwards calls from the customers main number via a sip trunk to the asterisk box. In the asterisk box we have inbound routes in which we handle the calls based on what number hits the asterisk box.

In this case numbers hitting the asterisk box coming from the customer’s main number hits a time of day condition which, depending on the time of day, hits one of two IVRs.

Now, in the asterisk configuration files I have an extensions_additional_conf in the asterisk configuration that includes the following information:
OPERATOR =
OPERATOR_XTN = 666.666.6666 (customers main number that is handled by time condition to ivr from inbound route)

Am I correct to assume that this is where you define the extension for “o”?

If so how can I go about hitting the time condition back to the ivr again?

I have also found the following out for the configuration for that extension:
exten => 6666666666,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 6666666666,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1)
exten => 6666666666,n,GotoIf($[ “${CALLERID(name)}” != “” ] ?cidok)
exten => 6666666666,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 6666666666,n(cidok),Noop(CallerID is ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => 6666666666,n,Set(_CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLINGPRES${ CALLINGPRES}})
exten => 6666666666,n,SetCallerPres(allowed_not_screened)
exten => 6666666666,n,Goto(timeconditions,2,1)

Any ideas where I can go from here or as to why it isn’t hitting the time of day condition?

You have a direct access to your configurations and still have no idea. What makes you think any readers here who have no access to your configurations will have a better idea to solve the problem for you? One thing for sure, readers here don’t have the capability to telepathically read your mind. :mrgreen: