Warning[1998] Failed to scan service

I have a script that creates then moves call files into the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory. Everytime a call file is entered it is creating the following output on the console. I have used this same call setup many of times and it has not produced this in the past. It continues to flood the console until I manually remove the call file from the outgoing directory. Has anyone else seen this behavior before?

core show version = Asterisk 1.6.2.9 

[Jul  2 10:24:34] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:392 scan_service: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call: No such file or directory, deleting
[Jul  2 10:24:34] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:492 scan_thread: Failed to scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call'
[Jul  2 10:24:35] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:392 scan_service: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call: No such file or directory, deleting
[Jul  2 10:24:35] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:492 scan_thread: Failed to scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call'
[Jul  2 10:24:36] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:392 scan_service: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call: No such file or directory, deleting
[Jul  2 10:24:36] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:492 scan_thread: Failed to scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call'
[Jul  2 10:24:37] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:392 scan_service: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call: No such file or directory, deleting
[Jul  2 10:24:37] WARNING[1998]: pbx_spool.c:492 scan_thread: Failed to scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/Rick-Cell.call'

1998 is the process number for the thread, and not useful.

I suspect you are running Asterisk non-root and created the call file with the wrong permissions.

That was it. Thanks for your speedy help on this issue.

hi,

I make a call file then moves that files into the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory. Everytime a call file is entered it is creating the following output on the console. It continues to flood the console until I manually remove the call file from the outgoing directory. Has anyone else seen this behavior before ?

WARNING[2352] pbx_spool.c: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/f1.call: No such file or directory, deleting
WARNING[2352] pbx_spool.c: Failed to scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/f1.call’
WARNING[2352] pbx_spool.c: Unable to open /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/f1.call: No such file or directory, deleting
WARNING[2352] pbx_spool.c: Failed to scan service ‘/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/f1.call’

Thanks in advance…

Did you check the user rights for the call file? Can a user that is running asterisk process delete the call file when you copy it to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ ?

yes i have set the permissions for the file are 777 and owner and group of file set as asterisk ,the user is not delete the file from directory after copying…