Voicemails not being recognized

One of our extensions has a strange problem. Several people have left messages for the extension. When I log into our Asterisk server and check /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/EXT/INBOX, I can see all the new messages. However, when the user for that extension accesses their voicemail using *97 to try and retrieve their new voicemails, Asterisk reports that they have no new messages. I’ve Googed this most of the day with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Try turning on full logging in asterisk and see what the logs show you.

I turned on the logging and while it didn’t shed much light for me, it did show something that might be helpful at a deeper level than I. Specifically, when I call into a mailbox without the problem the VoiceMailMain application gets executed and the number of new voicemails get stated by the system. However, on the mailbox with the problem, VoiceMailMain gets executed, then I see a line that says resequencing /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/EXT/INBOX, then get the message that no new voicemails exist.

Hi I’m having the same issue, and it’s driving me nuts.

You can leave a message for an extension, their msg light turns on, but when checking, Asterisk claims NO Messages. If I look in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/extension/INBOX the messages are there!!!

I have never seen that before. What version of Asterisk are you guys running ? Also if you go into the folder what do you see ?