Voicemail Files?

Hello I am using asterisk 1.8 I cannot find the .wav files to replace the answer of my voicemail, I have the new audio in a .wav where is the voicemail message located?

Thanks

The unavailable message is located at:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/[vm context]/[mailbox]/unavail.wav

You can use the voicemailmain application to record it from the phone - press 0 to get to mailbox options.

In /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail I have default and device, there is no .wav file inside neither of these 2 directories. Can be some other location where the audios are?

thanks

You’re trying to take a wav file and use that as the unavailable or busy greeting for a mailbox?

Just as unavailable message.

thanks

Right, so if you just have:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default
and inside of it you do not have accounts directories, e.g. 4242
and
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device
and inside of it you do not have account directories, e.g. 4242

then that says you’ve defined two contexts in voicemail.conf, one called default and another called device, but you don’t have any accounts defined for either context. You’ll need to do that. Once you’ve got that, and you reload app_voicemail (or the account has someone contact it for the first time), you’ll get the account subdirectory, and there you can place your .wav file (8000Hz, mono).

Thank you very much for your soon response :

Inside of /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default I have a directory with the number of my extension, as well in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device but I don’t have any .wav file inside these directories or subdirectories.

I have /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2782/INBOX but no files inside.

Can it be that is in some other location?

Thanks

I thought you had a wav file that you wanted to put in place? That’s the place you put it…

I do have a .wav file and I have to put it instead of the actual wav file but in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2782/INBOX I have no .wav file, where I have to put it?

thank you very much for your help.

[quote=“GonzaloS”]I do have a .wav file and I have to put it instead of the actual wav file but in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2782/INBOX I have no .wav file, where I have to put it?

thank you very much for your help.[/quote]

Create:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2782/unavail.wav

Now is working, thank you very much.

Cool :smile: