Voice server

Hello

Now that I received an OpenVox PCI card, I’m ready to try and set up a voice server with Asterisk.

We need the following features:

1. When customers call in, they should hear a voice menu asking them which software they’re calling about
  2. Next, they should be able to leave a voice message to explain what their problem is
  3. Next, Asterisk should send an e-mail to an alias that includes all the people involved with the software
  4. Finally, anyone involved should be able to listen to the voice message and call the customer back.

I guess Asterisk can do all this easily. As for listening to voice mail, some of the people are off-site so I guess I should either set them up with SIP phones to let them connect to Asterisk through the Net, or have Asterisk save messages as WAV files and upload them to a web server so people can just click on the file to listen to the message.

Has someone done such project and could give me some tips?

Thank you.

Hi
asterisk can do this
with the help of smart extension.conf logic & voicemail.conf settings call back is the feature which you can set in voicemail.conf with proper call out context.
Bacgorund(welcome gretting)use to introduce ur system & ask caller to dail specufuc number to rech that section or press any number to leave voicemail to specific user group let say support .
also your off site user can get this voicemail on there phones.

Hi
asterisk can do this
with the help of smart extension.conf logic & voicemail.conf settings call back is the feature which you can set in voicemail.conf with proper call out context.
Bacgorund(welcome gretting)use to introduce ur system & ask caller to dail specufuc number to rech that section or press any number to leave voicemail to specific user group let say support .
also your off site user can get this voicemail on there phones.

Thanks. I’ll look into building a voicemail server.