Using chan_dongle causes notices about lost frames and sound issues

I installed chan_dongle in RasPBX (raspberrypi 3b, debian stretch, freepbx 15, asterisk 16, Huawei e1550 with firmware 11.608.12.00.143).
Inbound calls work perfectly, but when I call from SIP to GSM the GSM-party doesn’t hear the opposite side for about 10-12 seconds. In the logs I see nothing special except something like NOTICE: translate.c:597 ast_translate: 492 lost frame(s) 493/0 (slin@8000)->(gsm@8000). No matter what codec I use.
I would really appreciate it if anybody could explain what does this mean and how to solve it?

There is no line in translate.c that would produce output like that, let alone one near line 597, in either Asterisk 16.1 or 16.15. It seems unlikely that any other sub-version of Asterisk 16 would include it.

I’m not sure if FreePBX modifies the source (this isn’t a FreePBX forum), but, otherwise, you will need to ask whoever ported it to armhf.

In addition, chan_dongle is not part of Asterisk, not even as community supported code. Support is reportedly provided at http://groups.google.com/group/chan_dongle

Thank you much for the answer. I will continue to search the solution. Unfortunately, this is not a widespread problem.

Yes, this is Asterisk 16.15.0. Does it mean that with other version of Asterisk chan_dongle could work as it should?

chan_dongle seems to work normally some time ago, but then sd card damaged and I reinstalled the whole pbx and the problem appeared. Unfortunately, installing old versions of Freepbx, Asterisk and chan_dongle didn’t lead to success.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.