Unable to install Dahdi in centos 6.6

Hi all,

we are unable to install Dahdi on centos 6.6. Getting below error.

[root@Nipun dahdi-linux-complete-2.8.0+2.8.0]# make
make -C linux all
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.8.0+2.8.0/linux' make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders make[2]: Entering directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.8.0+2.8.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware’
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.8.0+2.8.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware' You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.32-504.el6.i686 kernel installed. make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.8.0+2.8.0/linux’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance

Another dependency is required for installing DAHDI, and that is the kernel source. It is important that the kernel version being used match exactly that of the kernel source being installed. You can use uname -a to verify the currently running kernel version:
CentOS: sudo yum install kernel-devel-uname -r
Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install linux-headers-uname -r
How to Install It

You need the kernel-devel package, which is a subset of the kernel sources.

You can have multiple kernel versions installed; the kernel-devel package must match version of the one that is actually running at the time of the build and will be running when you go live.

1 Like

My kernel version is over there 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 when i run the command uname -r and when when run the dahdi command make that time I get the that 2 errors