DAHDI installation issue

Hi forum.
this is my first post here. I’m facing asn issue whem I’m tryiing to install dahdi drivers over a CentOS 6.3.

[root@localhost dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1]# make install
make -C linux all
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux' make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders make[2]: Entering directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware’
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware' You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 kernel installed. make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux’
make: *** [all] Error 2

does anyone faced this error sometime?
Regards.

This has to be an FAQ!

You need to install the -devel package for the kernel that you are actually running. Either you never installed it at all, or you installed it but you are still booting into an earlier kernel.

[quote=“david55”]This has to be an FAQ!

You need to install the -devel package for the kernel that you are actually running. Either you never installed it at all, or you installed it but you are still booting into an earlier kernel.[/quote]

David55,

Can you show me the FAQ ?
Thanks

[quote=“david55”]
You need to install the -devel package for the kernel that you are actually running. Either you never installed it at all, or you installed it but you are still booting into an earlier kernel.[/quote]

Seems I have the same problem even with the -devel package installed.

On Edit: Cart, meet horse.

I forgot to reboot after the “yum update” so the new kernel wasn’t loaded, you can see in my output above the -devel package version didn’t match my kernel.

So for anyone else tripping up on this issue, if the “uname -r” output doesn’t match your “kernel-devel” version, try rebooting to load the new kernel (or run a “yum update” to install the new kernel then reboot).

i was with same problem, but my version is diferent dahdi-linux 2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1, and the same error:
You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.x.xx.xxx.x…el6.x86_64 kernel installed.
others kernel and same error continuous…

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
yum update

yum install bison bison-devel ncurses ncurses-devel zlib zlib-devel openssl openssl-devel gnutls-devel gcc gcc-devel gcc-c++ libxml2 libxml2-devel newt newt-devel sqlite sqlite-devel glibc glibc-devel readline readline-devel libtermcap libtermcap-devel make make-devel libtool libtool-devel libtermcap libtermcap-devel unixodbc unixodbc-devel perl perl-Net-SSLeay perl-Crypt-SSLeay doxygen curl-devel mlocate lynx tar wget nmap bzip2 mod_ssl crontabs vixie-cron speex speex-devel unixODBC unixODBC-devel libtool-ltdl libtool-ltdl-devel ImageMagick ImageMagick-devel ImageMagick-perl

both installed and updated and reboot, but error continuous…
the same messenger show too in others kernel versions and all are update last version,

but after hours trying a solution, i fixed it error msg, using this dahdi (live):

svn checkout svn.asterisk.org/svn/dahdi/linux/trunk dahdi-linux
svn checkout svn.asterisk.org/svn/dahdi/tools/trunk dahdi-tools
cd dahdi-linux
so, i did make && make install, etc

font/source: docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/ … quirements

and all right!
i’m using centos 6.5 last kernel and kernel-devel and try too 6.4 and 6.3
now it is work pretty well in all.

sorry my bad english, any thing call me :wink: