Unable to create channel of type 'ZAP' (cause 0 - Unknown)


#1

I keep getting the following message although channels are configured OK.

Unable to create channel of type ‘ZAP’ (cause 0 - Unknown)

[root@pphone log]# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

zttool shows:

Current Alarms: No alarms.
│ Sync Source: Internally clocked │
│ IRQ Misses: 0 │
│ Bipolar Viol: 0 │ ces ├─────────────────────┐
│ Tx/Rx Levels: 0/ 0 │ │
│ Total/Conf/Act: 4/ 2/ 1 │

Other than ztcfg and zttool I don’t know what else I can look at to fix the problem. Can some one help?


#2

Also whenI do lsmod I get wctdm (unused) I don’t know if it should be unused?

[root@pphone etc]# lsmod | grep wctdm
wctdm 40192 0 (unused)
zaptel 180800 4 [wctdm]


#3

what does zapata.conf look like


#4

Zapata file looks as below. using zttool everything seems OK.

[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
language=en
group=1
context=zapout
channels=>3,4


#5

I would like to ask if you have managed to resolve the issue? I have the exact same problem. Everything should work, but I get the same error.


#6

I don’t know if the problem is completely resolved because I am not at home to try it. But, remotely I think I’ve gotten somewhere on this problem.

When I did asterisk -r and ran “zap show channels”, it concerned me that I would only see the psuedo channel listed. The funny thing is, when I used Asterisk@Home 2.2 or something older then the 2.5 I am using, this all worked.

It would appear the genzapconf is broken or something of the like. I removed the zapata.conf and zapata-auto.conf that Asterisk@home generates, the copied over the zapata.conf.template that happened to exist. I changed it to match my config. Now, it works!!!

asterisk2*CLI> zap show channels Chan Extension Context Language MusicOnHold pseudo from-pstn en 1 from-pstn en 2 from-pstn en

I see the three channels, whereas before I did not. I received the same unknown error you received.

For the record, I am using two X100P clone cards and my configs are as follows:

/etc/zaptel.conf:

[code]# Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf – do not hand edit

Zaptel Configuration File

This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg

It must be in the module loading order

fxsks=1-2
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us
[/code]

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:


[channels]
language=en

; include zap extensions defined in AMP
include zapata_additional.conf

; XTDM20B Port #1,2 plugged into PSTN
;AMPLABEL:Channel %c - Button %n
callerid=asreceived
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
faxdetect=incoming
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
group=0
channel=1-2

The only thing I really see different from the older config is the use of => on channels is removed, = is used in it’s place, and the channels are now grouped together rather than being specified individually.

(I should also mention, I updated the zaptel driver to the one from cvs. I don’t recall this having a postive affect on the issue)

I don’t know if this will apply to your situation, but you may wish to try it.

Let me know if it also works for you.

Thanks,
Mark


#7

Thanks mark, My problem was similar to your. I didn’t change => to = but instead I had to change channels=> to channel=>. In my zapata.conf I had channels=> and it should have been channel=>

Narinder