Two Phones with same extensions

Hi all,
I am new to askterisk so i am sorry for any silly question. I want to register two video phones with same extension (2001). So that when someone dial 2001 both phones will ring. I know I can achieve this feature using the dial plan like
exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/device1&SIP/device2), but I dont want ring group solution, 3CX supports this feature where you can
register multiple phones with the same extensions but with asterisk it looks like only the last one which is registered receives the call.

Is it any configuration file which I need to look into it so that I can achieve this functionality?

This is not supported when using chan_sip. A SIP peer may only have 1 device registered to it at a time. As you’ve discovered the last one registered gets the call. The chan_pjsip module does have this functionality though and can be configured to do so.

1 Like

Set up both phones with different extensions (2002 and 2003 in this example) and ring them both like this…

exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2002&SIP/2003)

You actually mean different device names.

Of course. Device names. Easy to forget when 99% of my devices are phones. :slight_smile:

Quite old that post but as an addition, with pjsip you will use:

exten => 2002,1,Dial(${PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS(${EXTEN})})

to dial all available contacts of one endoint simultaniously.