Trouble with VM's

I have 3 test machines with FreePBX distro 10.13.66 x64 installed.

One is a standard PC loaded directly, one is a Win7 machine running VMWare and the other one is a Win 7 system running VirtualBox.

Both my VM machine have Bridged Network Adapter setups and both exhibit the same symptoms, so I will just refer to these as the VM machines.
These machine are always booted in isolation to each other for test purposes.
All machines are set with the same static network configurations.

On my native Linux machine everything works and I can connect to them from other Windows machines and register X-lite Softphones.

On the VM machines, I can connect with HTTP via a browser, or by Putty to the console and all appears to work well until I try and register X-lite softphones. These always fail with a 408 or 503 error. I have tried with and without Proxy’s configured in X-Lite but it makes no difference.

Additional info.
I can ping in and out of all machines.
The VM host machine does not have any Firewalls or AVS turned on.
The VM hosts report their main NIC’s and also either a VMWare or VirtualBox Host-Only adapter as well as the standard Tunnel adapters. I have tried using the Host-Only IP’s as the Proxy’s in X-Lite but it also did not work.
No additional info is shown in the logs when X-Lite tries to connect so I am assuming that its messages are not being received by the Linux Guests on the VM machines.

Please can anyone advise how I configure this to work on the VM machines as I want to test with SIP trunks next.

Thanks.

Since you are using FreePBX you should take a look on their forums. I just recently used latest FreePBX and came to that issue too, my approach was apply iptables -F and then on the GUI deisable the firewall that frepbx uses. After that I can register.

Also you can enable the sip debug on the asterisk cli to check if you see incoming requests.

Thanks for the quick response… I will give your suggestions a go.
I have been trying to register to the FreePBX forum for over a week but either it hangs during sign-up or just doesnt let me connect afterwards, I have therefore given up.

What does iptables -R do?
How do you disable the new FreePBX firewall?

Many thanks again.

Hi

I tried the iptables -F and also removed the firewall from the GUI Modules but it made no difference so I am still at a loss.

Thanks so far…

Thanks all.

I ran wireshark on this and was just seeing a Destination Unreachable
(Port Unreachable) error when X-Lite tried to register. I then tried a 2
network (NAT and Host-Only) setup I read about on another forum… it
didnt work.

Out of desperation, I put everything back to how it was… a single
bridged network and deleted all users and extensions. I created another
new extension… and it registered first time.

I have no idea why this should work, but it has so thanks for your help.

Regards

Mitel