Transfer with original caller ID to cell phone not working

Ok so in my dialplan I have it set to ring my desk phone, then ring my cell phone, then go to voicemail. The problem I have is with my original setup it wouldn’t forward the call with the original caller id to my cell, but it would use my voip phone’s caller id.

I guess what I really need is someone to check my dialplan and scripting setup to make sure they’re right. If what I have looks good I think my VOIP provider is smacking my outbound call to my cell down for using another caller id. Here is what I have:

extensions.conf

[from-work-trunk]
exten => s,1,Set(ORIG_CID=${CALLERID(all)})
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/301,12)
exten => s,3,Set(CALLERID(all)=${ORIG_CID})
exten => s,4,Dial(SIP/cell-forward/214xxxxxxx,24)
exten => s,5,VoiceMail(301@internal,u)
exten => s,6,Hangup()

Here is what happens, it just goes to voicemail like it skips the call out to my cell, and the verbose logs for what happens:

– Called SIP/cell-forward/214xxxxxxx
[Jan 19 18:35:13] NOTICE[14422][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:23996 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to ‘“My Name” sip:CALLINGNUMBERHERE@209.x.x.x;tag=as42a7565c’
– SIP/cell-forward-00000004 is circuit-busy

Do my settings/script for this check out, which if they do, is my VoIP provider just smacking the outbound call for not using my line’s callerid?

Has the provider verified that you control the caller ID you are presenting?

Respectable telephony service providers will either ignore the caller ID, or present it with a failed screen status, if this is not true, unless are an official public network operator.

It is more and more likely that unscreened numbers will be suppressed by the receiving network, given the current level of junk phone calls and the pressure on network operators to make them easy to identify.

For service providers reckless enough to trust an unscreened ID, we’d need to see your sip.conf, although fromuser without sendrpid would be a good way of losing caller ID.

Also note that Asterisk will present the original caller ID without your explicitly setting it, in this case.

Well here is my sip.conf for the cell-forward peer:

[cell-forward]
type=peer
context=from-work-trunk
host=209.x.x.x
defaultuser=214xxxxxxx
secret=xxx
insecure=port,invite
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=209.x.x.x

Note: I’m not using fromuser on this context because I set the callerid in extensions.conf

If this SIP provider doesn’t allow this I’m porting my numbers to voip.ms because it’s an advertised feature there.

How do I detect calls through voip.ms so that I can block them as probable spam?

LOL I dunno, I wish there was an easy way to detect spoofed numbers so I could send them directly to my blacklist. voip.ms is a major VoIP provider though. In my case I’m not doing anything malicious here since I’m just forwarding an inbound callerid from my desk phone to my cell phone in a forward, which is exactly what they advertise. I’m guessing they filter for that somehow, but I dunno for sure.