Passing original caller ID number

When calls come into my DiD I have my Asterisk 1.8 box ring the phones connected to my SIP ATA as well as dial my cell phone. I’d like to see the original caller id info when my cell rings. The below plan does ring the cell, but the caller id info is replaced.

[inbound]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Set(CallerIDString=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,n,NoOp(${CallerIDString})
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CallerIDString})
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/sip_ata&SIP/1112223333@outbound,20,t) 

I suspect that my SIP provider may be replacing the caller ID data on such calls but I wanted to ask here before I contacted them. Does anyone have thoughts on the matter?

Generally, responsible service providers will not accept a caller ID unless they have verified that the customer controls it.

The other thing that will cause problems is if they require you to set the From header in invites (fromuser). In that case you have to use Remote-Party-ID or P-Asserted-ID.

I agree with David. It’s best that you take this up with your VoIP providers. Some have support for showing A number on transferred calls (implementations vary quite a lot), some don’t.

The problem was a setting on my sip provider account which I was able to correct myself from their website. I also realized that the

exten => s,n,Set(CallerIDString=${CALLERID(num)}) exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CallerIDString}) lines were not actually doing anything useful so I removed them :smile: