TDM cards PCI vs PCI-e

Hi Guys

For and installation of less than 20 users,is there much difference with using the PCI-e version of the cards.

I read somewhere that Digium are not updating the design of PCI cards and that it is based
on the old design.

Thanks
DD

Howdy,

Users shouldn’t see any difference in using PCI or PCI-E.

Our analog card offerings are not based on any old design. The A4 (A4A for PCI and A4B for PCI-E) and A8 (A8A for PCI and A8B for PCI-E) are all new designs.

Cheers

[quote=“malcolmd”]Howdy,

Users shouldn’t see any difference in using PCI or PCI-E.

Our analog card offerings are not based on any old design. The A4 (A4A for PCI and A4B for PCI-E) and A8 (A8A for PCI and A8B for PCI-E) are all new designs.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks for the clarity.Is there plans to stop making PCI versions anytime soon ?

Howdy,

Nope. For all of the newer model cards we’ve introduced lately - 4&8 port analog, 1&2&4 port E1/T1, we’ve done both PCI and PCI-E models, based on customer demands.

Cheers.

[quote=“malcolmd”]Howdy,

Nope. For all of the newer model cards we’ve introduced lately - 4&8 port analog, 1&2&4 port E1/T1, we’ve done both PCI and PCI-E models, based on customer demands.

Cheers.[/quote]

Thats good news as the PCI version are a little cheaper.
BTW# How would I know if a Disti has the latest version of the cards ?
Does echo cancellation need to be purchased seperately for the 4&8 analog cards ?

[quote=“dd1313”][quote=“malcolmd”]Howdy,

Cheers.[/quote]

Thats good news as the PCI version are a little cheaper.
BTW# How would I know if a Disti has the latest version of the cards ?
Does echo cancellation need to be purchased seperately for the 4&8 analog cards ?[/quote]

Howdy,

1 - There’s only ever been on version of A4A/A4B or A8A/A8B card. The firmware on them’s field-upgradeable, so you don’t have to really worry about any versioning.

2 - It’s highly recommended; and, honestly, if you put off purchasing it now to save a few bucks, you’re going to end up purchasing it later to kill the echo, but you’ll be short several hairs on your head and time out of your days.

Cheers

Thanks for all the good advice.