T1 card (cricuit) in a Ethernet

Hello

Im still confused!!!

Our Local Area Network (LAN) is Using Ethernet as Physical Layer Protocol.
I want to deploy Asterisk with Analog phones (combination of FXO and FXS that would be 8 FXO and 16 FXS good for one channel bank).

This is the plan,
From Central Office (CO) analog lines will go through FXO (Channel Bank)
From Channel bank will go through T1 Card (where T1 Card is mounted in Asterisk box)
From Asterisk will go through IP phones and Analog phones.

Note:

1. Central Office (CO) provide Analog lines or PSTN only.
  2. Channel Bank and T1 card is connected with crossover T1 Cable

Now is this possible Asterisk, T1 card and Channel Bank in a Ethernet physical Layer
protocol.
Is this will work without T1 Line?

Please Help

Ethernet is not a physical layer protocol, it is a 2nd Layer protocol (of OSI model). Physical layer means for example twisted pair, optical fibre, coaxial cable etc.

Don’t you mean your LAN uses UTP cables? Then it is possible to use it for cabling, but E1 uses different pairs/pins on RJ-45 connector, so you can not use standard cross-cable for Ethernet. But you can use straight UTP cables between patch-pannels. It will look something like this:

AsteriskPBX-E1card -> standard (normal,ethernet) patch-cord -> patchpanel -> long UTP to CO -> patchpanel -> cross-cable for E1 pinning -> Channel Bank

Yes our LAN is Using UTP CAT5 cable.

What i Want to know if it is possible to deploy Asterisk with T1 Card connected to Channel Bank without T1 Line provided by Central Office (but only PSTN or Analog lines from Provider) in a LAN using ethernet With UTP CAT5 cables.

My goal is to have POTS lines coming in through Channel Bank where channel bank is connected to T1 Card using T1 cross cable, where T1 card is mounted to PCI of Asterisk box, where asterisk box is connected to LAN ethernet that uses UTP cables.
( just like here voipsupply.com/product_info. … ts_id=1579
from configuration # 1 to 3)

The whole thing will not involve T1 Line from telephone provider.
for instance in voipsupply.com/product_info. … ts_id=1579
Configuration # 2 i will install SIP/IAX IP phone with ETHERNET that uses UTP cables.

Again Id like to use T1 not E1 card (…since your reply refer to E1)

Please Help, Still confused.

Thanks

If the T1 from the CO is going through a channel bank, you’re not going to use a T1 card to connect to the Asterisk server.

You’ll use an analog FXO card.

If you want to run the T1 directly into the Asterisk server, take the channel bank out of the setup. You don’t need it.

If you can’t take it out, you will need a different configuration.

You would buy this card instead: digium.com/en/products/hardware/tdm2400p.php

Then your configuration would look like this:

Co-> T1-> Channel bank-> Analog line-> TDM2400P in Asterisk-> FXS analog phones or VOIP phones.

This should give you what you want.

Yes you can make or buy a “T1” cable to connect between the channel bank and the T1 card. In fact the Rhino channel bank comes with one standard. The cable itself can use UTP Cat 5 but it uses differnet pinouts and connectors than ethernet.

Scott

Got it masters i am enlighten already in this darkness.

As i discover from many source that it is possible to deploy Asterisk w/ T1 card and Channel Bank in a ETHERNET LAN that uses UTP cables without T1 Line provided by
CO or Telephone provider.

Thanks

Yes…Basically, your using the Channel Bank for your PSTN lines (FXO Channels) and your analog telephones or PBX trunks (FXS Channels). Most channel banks, including the Rhino, support Channel units in multiples of 4-Ports per unit. In other words, each Channel Bank supports a mix and match of 6 Channel units.

A T1 cable is pinned accordingly:

1 - Rx Tip
2 - Rx Ring
4 - Tx Tip
5 - Rx Ring

To build the crossover cable to connect * to a Channel Bank:

1 - 5
2 - 4
4 - 2
5 - 1

Your Ethernet connection would be your trunking to your VoIP providers.

Sorry…Your Ethernet connection would be for both your IP phones, as well as your VoIP trunks/DID’s. In this case, you should definitely be using a switch with some type of QoS.

thanks for the additional info
but my boss understand that we are in the manner of experimenting
but sttricly aiming for the best result that would aid earning benefit for
the company.

i will consistently ask you guys as soon as i have the hardware and have
some troubles:)

Here is a nice graphic for the crossover/loopback cable:
voip-info.org/wiki/view/crossover+T1+cable

HTH
Oliver