Some confusions setting up Asterisk IVR menu

I have some confusions regarding setting up Asterisk and your help will be much appreciated!, I have a 4 port FXO card and I have 4 analog lines, currently I have 1 line in the card where a user can call, upon calling he hears a sample ivr menu, my questions are:

If i put all 4 lines, how do I make it so I can use all 4 lines on IVR menu, lets say I have given everyone (Number 1) and 3 people call at a time, the line 1 will go busy for the other 2 users then, how do i resolve it to use all the 4 lines?

Is it possible to entertain more than 4 people at a time for just the IVR menu NOT the customer support

Your help will be much appreciated! Thanks

With analog lines you can only handle One call per line. So if your line is already busy your users need to dial one of the other 3 lines. Many operators can group the lines so you need to request that feature to your telco and then your users can dial one number and the telco will distribute the call over the free lines, but again when you have 4 users you will reach your limit of concurrent calls.

If you need more lines/channels then change the technology to Digital(SIP or E1/T1).

[quote=“navaismo”]With analog lines you can only handle One call per line. So if your line is already busy your users need to dial one of the other 3 lines. Many operators can group the lines so you need to request that feature to your telco and then your users can dial one number and the telco will distribute the call over the free lines, but again when you have 4 users you will reach your limit of concurrent calls.

If you need more lines/channels then change the technology to Digital(SIP or E1/T1).[/quote]

do I need a different type of card for Digital SIP? or E1/T1

Calls over SIP are going to run over your Ethernet card.

Your Ethernet card can’t frame T1 or E1. If you’re doing T1 or E1, you need a specialized interface for that.