[SOLVED] anyone have any luck getting native MOH working

I was in Phoenix at an asterisk training seminar last week, and none of us could get native MOH working on 1.2.

I’ve scoured voip-info and the web to no avail - it appears as though I have my settings correct, but unless I install mpg123, I do not get any MOH.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

yikes, i didn’t think it was that hard !!

my native MOH musiconhold.conf files looks like this :

[classes] [moh_files] default => /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native,r

works !!

Here is my music on hold config, which works fine.

[default]
mode=files
directory=/usr/local/share/asterisk/mohmp3

I also don’t get this working. I just don’t hear anything. Can someone post an example of extentions.conf?

I am now using this:
exten => s,3,Answer()
exten => s,4,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,5,Dial(SIP/${ARG1},20,m)

exten => 599,1,WaitMusicOnHold(30) ; MusicOnHold Demo works as proof !!

[quote=“baconbuttie”]yikes, i didn’t think it was that hard !!

works !![/quote]

ok, now i’m pissed - that was too damn easy.

i don’t have any of my old config files to compare against but i got it working - many thanks to you!

[quote=“whoiswes”][quote=“baconbuttie”]yikes, i didn’t think it was that hard !!

works !![/quote]

ok, now i’m pissed - that was too damn easy.

i don’t have any of my old config files to compare against but i got it working - many thanks to you![/quote]
Can you tell me if you also specified a directory? Or where should I place my mp3’s?

@baconbuttie
I will try that, thanks.

all i did was copy my MP3 files to the /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native directory after making the changes to the musiconhold.conf file.

restarted asterisk and it worked like a charm.

i need to wait until COB to do the rest of my servers, but it will be nice to finally ditch mpg123

[quote=“whoiswes”]all i did was copy my MP3 files to the /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native directory after making the changes to the musiconhold.conf file.

restarted asterisk and it worked like a charm.

i need to wait until COB to do the rest of my servers, but it will be nice to finally ditch mpg123[/quote]
Ok, tried exactly the same, but I don’t hear anything.

This also gives me no sound.

You might want to see the following thread; forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php? … usiconhold