SIP Hard Phones Supervised Transfer Completion Tone

Ok, I manage several small company’s asterisk installation. And uputil now I haven’t had a problem implementing any particualar feature that a customer might have desired. So here is my dilema:

I reacently isntalled a 1.2.x asterisk system at a client to replace a simple Noretel Meridian 6x12 system. The new asterisk system has it all over the old system in the terms of featues and fucntions, save one.

When the receptionist/assistant wants to do a supervised transfer to the the boss she would like it to play a tone that indicates to the boss that she has dropped off the call and that he is now connected to the calling party. Asterisk does this with the xfertone feature in featurs.conf, but this is being done with the SIP phone’s transfer key, rather then the # feature code.

If it matters all of the phones are Polycom 501s with 1.6.2.xxxx SIP firmware.

I’m really at a loss for this, if any one has any suggestions, please send them along…

Thanks,

Steve

[quote=“davissteve80”]When the receptionist/assistant wants to do a supervised transfer to the the boss she would like it to play a tone that indicates to the boss that she has dropped off the call and that he is now connected to the calling party. Asterisk does this with the xfertone feature in featurs.conf, but this is being done with the SIP phone’s transfer key, rather then the # feature code.
If it matters all of the phones are Polycom 501s with 1.6.2.xxxx SIP firmware. [/quote]
I have the same ‘problem’, I’m using GXP-2000’s, cisco 7960, cisco 7912.

Now I also have a Thomson ST2030, this one performs a small ‘trick’ to simulate the beep you would like. The Thomson plays Music on hold for 1,5 seconds to the person who ‘receives’ the call in the end. (the transferred person keeps hearing music from start to finish, so he doesn’t notice that)

Now, in this scenario it’s performed on the phone end, too bad this phone has other much-needed features that don’t work with asterisk yet.

Maybe someone else has more useful info…

cheers