Siemens C470IP call transfer

Hi.
I have asterisk applience and I bought Siemens C470IP. Most of the sites say that transfering calls is possible, but I could not find out how.

When i receive a call I specify new external call, but then i have options for conference or hang up a call.

I am not able to transfer to other asterisk extension.

Any idea?

Under Telephony->Advanced Settings select yes for Use the R key to initiate call transfer with the SIP Refer method.: Yes No

Then when you have called the 2nd number, you can press “R” to transfer the call.

Ian

[quote=“pmlco”]Under Telephony->Advanced Settings select yes for Use the R key to initiate call transfer with the SIP Refer method.: Yes No

Then when you have called the 2nd number, you can press “R” to transfer the call.

Ian[/quote]

Hi Ian.

This method seems to not work for me.

When I call external number (another asterisk extension), I have got the second line active.
eg:

If I press “R”, the letter will appear on the screan but nothing happens.
eg"

6002R

Sorry - works for me! What other settings do you have under ‘call transfer’? E.g.

[ul]Call Transfer

Use the R key to initiate call transfer with the SIP Refer method.: Yes No
Transfer Call by On-Hook: Yes No
Derive target address: from SIP URL from SIP contact header
Find target addr. automatically: Yes No
Hold on transfer target: For attended transfer
For unattended transfer [/ul]

I have got:

R key setting are disabled because the R key is being used for call transfer.

Hi.

I received email from Siemens support and I cannot believe this.

On their sites they advertise call transfer. I bought these phones to be able to use them with PaBX and they do not work now. Pretty upsetting. What a stupidity.

I received the final answer:

While you are waiting for the update - can you use unattended transfers? Use the # key, unless you’ve changed it in features.conf. Works for me, btw.