[Resolved] call file and ring groups issue

Let me start off by explaining our situation. We are a computer helpdesk using Trixbox. We have a script setup to call out to our cell phones when a new voicemail arrives, using a call file.

We have setup a general support e-mail we would like to ring one tech’s cell phone. If they don’t answer go to the next tech’s cell phone. If they don’t answer go to the next tech, and so on. Let’s say 4 to 5 tech’s are in the group.

We have tried settuping up a ring group with the cell numbers, and we have also tried setting up an extension and using follow me, but neither work. The call file tries to call the ring group, but fails to do so. We see the call file create a retry entry immediately. The same thing happens with the extension and follow me.

We can get the call file to call one of our extensions without an issue, and we can call the ring group and extension with follow me without an issue, and they ring through each cell number. Though, the call file just cannot initiate a call to the ring group or extenion with follow me.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Here is what the call file looks like…

[quote]Channel: Local/4821
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 900
WaitTime: 60
Context: macro-vm-notify
Extension: vmcall
Priority: 1
CallerID: Testing <116>
Setvar: vmext=112[/quote]

have you tried a “\n” with the Local channel ?

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … l+channels

Yes, that works perfectly! THANK YOU!

I knew it was going to be something simple. We searched like crazy on voip-info.org, these forums, trixbox’s forums, and on google, but could not find anything. Didn’t even see this, but I thank you very much for pointing it out!