Recording in a Single File (.IN and .OUT)

Hi Guys,

How do I get Asterisk to record (with MixMonitor) incomimg and outgoing conversation of calls in a single file. I always get two recorded file (.IN and .OUT), which means I have to play those files seperately each time I need to listen to the recorded calls. I need to hear both parties responses as I play the recoded file.

Is this possible? If yes, How?

Cheers to all.

This is how I do it
exten => 888XXXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => 888XXXXXXX,n,MixMonitor(${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}-888.wav)

It records the the file combined and names it the current date-time with-888 on the end (to let me know it came from my toll free number). I do this with 6 different lines and they all work.

Thanks for that clue eric_f, it helped alot. It Worked Great!

Cheers.

[quote=“eric_f”]This is how I do it
exten => 888XXXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => 888XXXXXXX,n,MixMonitor(${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}-888.wav)

It records the the file combined and names it the current date-time with-888 on the end (to let me know it came from my toll free number). I do this with 6 different lines and they all work.[/quote]

Hello,

I am trying to get the recordings working for my wife as she keeps getting harassing calls from some anonymouse caller. I would like to set it up so that she can hit somthing like ** while in a call and have it begin recording.

I have read a number of different posts and all of them seem to assume you have the basics setup. Do you know of any how to’s on this? I would like to spend the time, but equally we REALLY need the police to be involed in this so some speed is requiered.

I am running *now, 1.02 and as everyone always says “I am a bewbe”. Please anyhelp is appreciated from both my wife and I…

If I have to set it up to record everycall, that is fine, I just need to figure out how to change the location of the recordings as my asterisk server only has a 20gig hd in it.

Thank you!

-J