Recording calls

Hello,

I have an Asterisk server dedicated to VoIP calls only and a telephone line that I wish to record calls from but not intercept calls.

I would like to use my soundcard to record calls and record them to a mailbox on the asterisk server, is this possible?

If so, how would I do this?

I’m using Asterisk 1.4b3

From what I understand you have a pots line and you want to record the calls on it via the sound card ? At this point I dont believe that there is (I can be wrong). Why not invest in a card and “pass the calls thru asterisk” ?

Are you talking about recording the VoIP calls?
If yes then you can use the Monitor command
voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Monitor

I do with this code:

Record(/usr/local/src/$TIMESTAMP}${CALLERIDNUM}-${EXTEN}.gsm)

my Asterisk don’t have Zaptel card yet, just try recording from another SIP phone (extension 6004). When I check to /usr/local/src, I have found this file :

-6004.gsm

its always overwrite this file when I record another. Could you show me the good code so I can have specific recording file include TIME-DAY-MONTH-YEAR and EXTENSION or AGENT ID ? and not overwrite again ofcourse. Thanks for your information :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a missing “{” on the TIMESTAMP variable.

oops…sorry… but actually, in my code there is exist { so back to subject above, there is no Time,Day, Month and Year in the saving file.

Any one have an idea ? Very appreciate… Thanks

What version of Asterisk are you using? See voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variables

I am using AsteriskNow-beta4-x86

Then you are using Asterisk 1.4. Change your variables to the new ones, like is explained in that webpage.

Thank you friend, I’ll do it…
Hey… very quick response, just few seconds you have answer me, its surprise me
:astonished:

:laughing: Its working… This is the clue (from the above website):

${TIMESTAMP}: Current date time in the format: YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS This is deprecated as of Asterisk 1.4, instead use :${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)})

${TIMESTAMP} is not working for me, but…
:${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}) is working, so I use this one.

Thanks for your help my friend…

Hi Experts,

Could any one share the knowledge, how to make MixRecording for incoming call like this recorded file 20070511-135959-AgentID 6004 ?